Prescott All Corvette Car Show 2022

HarleyPat

HarleyPat

It's that time again to start planning for the 2022 Prescott All Corvette Car Show, Sept.23, 2022.  :banannarainbow::banannarainbow::banannarainbow:

Who is IN?

HarleyPat

SixAddict

Chameleon

German

Footsam

Dave64

anigma

Jim & Kathy

JUST RECEIVED THIS INFO...5/31/22

Prescott Vette Sette Car Show Newsletter  May 2022

The registration form is available via prescottvettesette.com, click on 2022 CORVETTE CAR SHOW, then 2022 CAR SHOW REGISTRATION.  Or use: prescottvettesette.com/public/files/PDF/0001.pdf (for you copy & paste types). 

As of May, 150 cars are registered.  Registration is limited to 300 cars.

At present, the CAR SHOW EVENT SCHEDULE includes:
Early check-in at the Hassayampa Inn lobby Thursday afternoon & evening, and again Friday afternoon and evening.  Saturday check-in at Courthouse Plaza - Cortez and Goodwin streets.

Last year 87 cars checked-in Thursday resulting in some parking issues.  This year on Thursday, the Car Show reserved street parking on the block facing Hassayampa’s main entrance (Marina Street between Gurley and Willis).  Please note that the restaurant across the street (Red White & Brew) is now open for business, their parking lot is for their customers.

People that check-in Thursday can participate in Friday morning’s events.  Our very popular POKER RUN will again be Friday morning; exact time and location TBD.  For those who want a more-miles experience, the Prescott region has three great options.  Each drive is limited to 10 cars on a first come sign-up basis during Thursday check-in.  The rides are:
1. Twisty-drive to Mingus Mountain with lunch in Jerome (60 miles).
2. Scenic drive west of town with lunch in Congress (150 miles).
3. Five-hour drive to Oak Creek Canyon, Sedona (quick lunch @ McD) and back to Prescott through Jerome (160 miles).

Details and sign-up for the drives will be available in the Hassayampa lobby on Thursday.  These three drives will be led by Prescott Vette Sette members. 

For those who sleep-in Friday morning and want to see more of the near-by area, maps will be available for several hour long (give or take) self-led drives closer to town.  One of these goes through Skull Valley – sounds nifty, and of course it’s scenic.

Prescott Vette Sette Car Show Newsletter – page 2

NO PROMISES, but rest assured there are people trying to put together a Friday Evening Party with food and a great band.  Keep reading subsequent newsletters.  The party is ‘Plan B’, ‘Plan A’ involves enjoying our great downtown bars (on or off Whisky Row), restaurants, and stores.

On Saturday, Car Show parking begins at 6:00am, no matter how early you get up – honestly, some of you people...  Opening ceremony at 10:00am followed by judging.  Closing ceremony from 2:00 to 3:00.

Car Show Tweaks: Years ago when we were lining-up to buy new C4s or C5s, Corvette related businesses printed (paper) catalogues.  Years later they switched to CD-ROM, now it’s all online.  Say goodbye to goodie bags

In recent years, street-vendors worked hard to be a part of our shows, but there was very little business traffic.  So… Goodwin Street (between Montezuma and Cortez) will be filled with Corvettes (except for one or two sponsors).  This is why & how our registration increased to 300 cars.

Money – Money – Money: The car show is the Prescott Vette Sette Charitible Foundation's only fundraiser for charitable giving.  We do not sell food or other merchandise (other than surplus shirts and a 50/50 raffle).  Our recipients in the last few years have been USVets (an organization that restores homeless vets to independent living) and the local vocational college's automobile repair & servicing program.  Both organizations serve important purposes that all of us appreciate.  Our costs have increased, and we decided to bump-up the car show shirt a level (to collar polo/golf shirt).  Prescott Vette Sette is grateful to the people who register for the show and allow us to give back to our community – thank you!

Look for a description of our Judging policy in the June newsletter.  We’ll have it ironed out by then.

More info??? Call/text John (612) 275 6070 or email jcgarley@gmail.com

--

John Garley
Prescott Vette Sette
 (612) 275 6070

SaveDate-1.pdf reg-open-1.pdf

• Like 1

SixAddict

Received the email also Pat. Glad to see you started this.:ACE:   

Already got our rooms and restaurant reserved.:thumbs

Chameleon
9 hours ago, SixAddict said:

Received the email also Pat. Glad to see you started this.:ACE:   

Already got our rooms and restaurant reserved.:thumbs

:withstupid  got my reservations, I'll be there! :partydance:

• Upvote 1

I'll be there and will go up and come back on the Saturday. Happy to lead a group from Carefree and I-17 as usual.

Nitrobrother

Ain't never been there, they tell me it's nice...

What's the routine?  Which hotels are noice?

Don't know about hotels, but here are some pictures from last year: https://photos.app.goo.gl/5wQ5Bz5aNewDmYHZ7 

The routine is simple: park as directed and enjoy the day. There will be more than one ACE group traveling up at different times, we'll meet in the morning at Mile High Middle School and go in together so that we're parked together. That's the basics.

• Like 1

SixAddict
1 hour ago, Nitrobrother said:

Ain't never been there, they tell me it's nice...

What's the routine?  Which hotels are noice?

The last couple years we stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn, one block from the courthouse (around which the vettes will,park for show). It’s within easy walking distance to the show, whiskey row and restaurants in town.

Footsam

We are reserved at Springhill Suites, also within walking distance of the Courthouse. I'll bring Cap'n Morgan, Im sure we can find someone to drink it!

Chameleon

I go up through Wickenburg/Yarnell on Friday morning.  Usually have a couple of cars join for the ride up. . .

Springhill and Hilton are probably the two nicest hotels close to downtown.

If you like historic, the Hassayampa Inn, St. Michael's Hotel and the Hotel Vendome are right downtown with "old Prescott" ambience.

• 1 month later...
Chameleon

Registration is now OPEN, but by snail mail only.

See/download attached form to register. . .

reg-open-1.pdf

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...
Dave64

I registered the '64 today. I'll be going up on Saturday.

• Like 1

Chameleon

:bump:  :bump:  :bump:  :bump:

REGISTRATION IS OPEN. 

See update in first post with the Newsletter from the hosting club Prescott Vette Sette

For those who have never attended:  some of us cruise up on Friday, some on Saturday.  Some of us stay overnight, some go up just for the day.

As the date gets closer, more details on meet points and departure times will be posted in this thread.  I always go up on Friday morning, the "fun" way through Yarnell on 89A.

YOUR VETTE DOES NOT NEED TO BE A "SHOW" CAR TO PARTICIPATE.  I always participate, because it gives my Vette a safe place to park all day while I wander around to enjoy the show, instead of leaving it unattended all day on a side street.  The registration fee goes to charity, so it's for a good cause.

We meet in Prescott the morning of the show so we can enter and park together. 

Hope to see more ACEholes there this year!  :ACE:

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
aenigma

Our reservations are made! 

HarleyPat
18 hours ago, aenigma said:

Our reservations are made! 

Great news! Are you guys bringing one or two cars? 😎

aenigma
27 minutes ago, HarleyPat said:

Great news! Are you guys bringing one or two cars? 😎

One. Lonnie isn’t a car show or car club guy 😂😂😂

aenigma

I made reservations at hotel vendome. It’s about half of what the other hotels are and they just yesterday opened their reservations to go that far into the future, so there’s room. 
I’ve stayed there before. Yes it’s old but saving $376 for 2 days was awesome. It’s quaint and right downtown. 

Thanks for the heads-up on the Vendome. Made a reservation for Kathy and I.  Looking forward to our time in Prescott and the car show. Hope the Friday and Saturday night parking is safe at the hotel's parking lot. Should be fun!

aenigma
7 hours ago, Jim said:

Thanks for the heads-up on the Vendome. Made a reservation for Kathy and I.  Looking forward to our time in Prescott and the car show. Hope the Friday and Saturday night parking is safe at the hotel's parking lot. Should be fun!

awesome! 

joe@cpr.com

Hopefully someone gets back to me about having a booth again, last year it took 5 emails to get any kind of response. I just want to give them money :lol

Chameleon
15 minutes ago, joe@cpr.com said:

Hopefully someone gets back to me about having a booth again, last year it took 5 emails to get any kind of response. I just want to give them money :lol

Did you try contacting this guy?

John Garley

612-275-6070

jcgarley@gmail.com

He is supposedly the contact for "more info" about the show.

joe@cpr.com

Sent him one this am, the two on the prescott vette website no one ever looks at I guess.