9/24/22 Prescott All Corvette Car Show

HarleyPat

2 hours ago, Footsam said:

I'm coming to get the now $60 tee shirt and raffle tickets I paid for, :o. Looking forward to seeing everyone, even mean Mo!

oh that’s right. the tshirts. 

and 😂

I haven’t seen you guys in forever. We’ll have to catch up. 

13 hours ago, Footsam said:

I'm coming to get the now $60 tee shirt and raffle tickets I paid for, :o. Looking forward to seeing everyone, even mean Mo!

$60?  How did you qualify for a discount?   :lol  My registration was $70, way back in April! 

Pouring RAIN here now....... Hope it stays clear for you all, the weather forecast up here are not 100% accurate, pretty funny, sometimes they are way off...........>!

ChainHeartMachine
2 hours ago, Chameleon said:

Weekend Valley Freeway Mayhem, brought to you by ADOT:  https://azdot.gov/adot-news/adots-weekend-freeway-travel-advisory-sept-23-26-phoenix-area

If you are going to the Prescott Show, check your route and plan accordingly!!!!

I guess I have a choice of going up 303 to 60 or 10 to Vulture Mine Rd (which I've not been on). Is Vulture Mine Rd advisable to take given it just rained?

50 minutes ago, WJ_Flywheel said:

Allison and I came up Thursday, is there a meet point set for Saturday morning?

SHOW ENTRY MEETPOINT:

If you plan to attend and would like to enter/park in the show as a group on Saturday morning, meet up in time to depart as a group at 8:15. 

Parking lot of Mile High Middle School. 

West Carleton Avenue ends in this parking lot, which is located 1/2 block west of the intersection of West Carleton Avenue and South Montezuma Street.

1 hour ago, ChainHeartMachine said:

I guess I have a choice of going up 303 to 60 or 10 to Vulture Mine Rd (which I've not been on). Is Vulture Mine Rd advisable to take given it just rained?

If you're going up Friday, 303 works. 

But, if you're going up Saturday, 303 will be closed northbound

Vulture Mine was fine last week, but we did have one good storm since then so it could be iffy.  There are a couple of low wash crossings that can get full of mud when we have flash floods. 

If you're coming up Saturday, you might try using Cotton Lane/Clearview Blvd/Sunrise Blvd to get to US 60.   That route almost parallels the 303, only a little bit out of the way to get to US 60.

ChainHeartMachine
1 hour ago, Chameleon said:

If you're going up Friday, 303 works. 

But, if you're going up Saturday, 303 will be closed northbound

Vulture Mine was fine last week, but we did have one good storm since then so it could be iffy.  There are a couple of low wash crossings that can get full of mud when we have flash floods. 

If you're coming up Saturday, you might try using Cotton Lane/Clearview Blvd/Sunrise Blvd to get to US 60.   That route almost parallels the 303, only a little bit out of the way to get to US 60.

Coming tomorrow, I'll just use 303 to 60. Mud is not my fave.

• Like 1

Here’s the link to the video I just put together. 😎  Always a good time withh friends from ACE and the Corvette Community!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Driving home from the show, my wife and daughter came upon this elderly women and her car…….she probly could have got “best of show”.:lol

EAC8BFEE-E9C9-4F6F-BC29-AA41EC3958B8.thumb.jpeg.6940fa8043619cf0cfa70521d72a7169.jpeg

On 9/19/2022 at 7:09 PM, Footsam said:

you were brave coming and being around all those vettes. You’re going to be in yours before you know it! 

On 9/25/2022 at 1:20 PM, HarleyPat said:

Here’s the link to the video I just put together. 😎  Always a good time withh friends from ACE and the Corvette Community!

Especially liked the contrast between the '56 or '57 and the C8 at the 1:22 mark. 

Thanks.:thumbs

1 hour ago, HOXXOH said:

Especially liked the contrast between the '56 or '57 and the C8 at the 1:22 mark. 

Thanks.:thumbs

it was cool because this year, they didn’t keep the C years separate. The mix of years was much more fun. 

Looks like this year was a C6,7 and 8 show with a token C4 and 5 thrown in. I didn't see any C3s in the vid, but maybe I just missed it. :unsure

5 hours ago, Buccaneer said:

Looks like this year was a C6,7 and 8 show with a token C4 and 5 thrown in. I didn't see any C3s in the vid, but maybe I just missed it. :unsure

There were C3s.  One was a lovely 1980 :wub for sale that I had to force myself to walk away from.  You are correct that there seemed to be a majority of newer generations, but every generation was represented.

• 2 weeks later...

Kinda funny that I live 30 minutes away from this and every year I only seem to be able to walk around for 5-10 minutes. I really should make a weekend of this.

• Like 1