Battery Losing Charge...

Joe Hammer

Hi All! I'm new to this forum and have a question for those a bit smarter than me. 😁 I recently purchased a 2017 Stingray. The battery has been slowly discharging lately. It was tested as good, takes a full charge, and the car's charging system tested fine. No interior lights on or other possible reason for the slow drain is observed. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!  Joe

I'm not aware of any battery draining concerns with C7s generally (some earlier generations were more susceptible to this). Because you recently bought it and don't know the battery's history (heat exposure, charging, etc.) it might be worthwhile to replace it - especially if it is the original battery as 5 years is on the long end of useful life.

I've had a couple of C7s and have always kept them on a trickle charger to reduce the possibility of problems because I don't drive the Corvette daily. That may be something to consider as well.

Could be several things, a sun visor light staying on, a short, or even a possible LoJack if you bought it used. 
I found one on my C6 after I bought it and disconnecting it helped. 

Here’s my old thread detailing what I went thru before GM admitted to there being a batt drain issue on early C6’s. 
be sure to read my detailed entry in the middle of page 2.   

23 hours ago, Joe Hammer said:

Hi All! I'm new to this forum and have a question for those a bit smarter than me. 😁 I recently purchased a 2017 Stingray. The battery has been slowly discharging lately. It was tested as good, takes a full charge, and the car's charging system tested fine. No interior lights on or other possible reason for the slow drain is observed. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!  Joe

My experience with the battery in Corvettes (especially C5 and later with all the electronics) is that the battery can appear to be perfectly fine, take a full charge, but can't hold it because in fact the battery is dying.  This happened to me just last year with my C6.  With the heat here, even a good quality battery can be on the way out once you get past the 2 year mark. Especially if your car has the original battery, you likely need a new one.

My battery kept running down after sitting for a couple of weeks. One of the issues I found was that I left my iPod plugged in in the cubbyhole in the dash and that was a constant  drain. Also, C7 batteries are only good for a couple years. If I let it set a length of time now, I put it on the maintenance charger.