Route 66 Fun Run 2022 - April 29 -, 30, May 1

German

Looking forward to the Route 66 Fun Run!

As of now, I'm assuming that we're meeting Ron at the Carefree- I-17 McDonalds and Tim in Morristown location TBD by phone call. If anyone else is planning t join the group, lease let me know here.  Thanks.

12 minutes ago, German said:

Looking forward to the Route 66 Fun Run!

As of now, I'm assuming that we're meeting Ron at the Carefree- I-17 McDonalds and Tim in Morristown location TBD by phone call. If anyone else is planning t join the group, lease let me know here.  Thanks.

Right.  Will we be driving thru smoke?

I'm going to get all the information I can today. Hopefully we can find a clear route.

You all have fun!  

My participation was stopped by a window installation going into extra days! 

The 2022 Route 66  Fun Run was a good revival of the event after the two year hiatus. Our observation was that the number of cars in Seligman on Friday evening was down significantly, but the number on the run to Kingman and then To Oatman and Topock was about the same as previous years. Who knows why, maybe Seligman's charms aren't for everyone, or maybe they drove in Saturday morning. Either way, it was a good time with plenty of cars to check out, cruising in town, the big car show in Kingman, and a beautiful drive to Oatman. After the finish line in Topock, we went to Lake Havasu City for lunch at London Bridge and then home. Total of 725 miles for us and a great lap of Arizona with friends.

Lucy and I met up with Chris and Debby, Ron and Eva, Steve and Karen, Tim and Myrna and headed to the Brown Bag Burger in Prescott on Friday, then continued to Seligman.

Lots of pictures at this link https://photos.app.goo.gl/7sTjJZfWwyFcWjKGA

A small selection below.

IMG_8263.JPG

IMG_8279.JPG

IMG_8313.JPG

IMG_8339.JPG

IMG_8379.JPG

IMG_8397.JPG

IMG_8463.JPG

IMG_8567.JPG

IMG_8582.JPG

IMG_8598.JPG

SixAddict

Thanks for posting all those great photos German. Glad to see everyone “safely” got to the finish line.:thumbs 

• Like 1

old yeller

Nice pictures German.  Thank you for sharing them.

• Like 1

Good times at the Fun Run! 

Thanks German for being an awesome tour guide :lol

We really enjoyed the whole vibe, occasionally feeling like we went 40 years back in time.

The car show in Kingman was really cool too. Didn't win, but there was some steep competition in the category (Corvettes 64 and up, there were a few really sweet C2's)!:burnout

The drive back to Phoenix was less fun, 4 hours at highway speeds without A/C...

Still, we'd love to go again next year! 

Cheers,

Tim&Myrna

3C869F6F-7B28-4383-9612-D40FB8556ADA.jpeg

BB4A346D-A26A-419F-B49C-0583ACA2CABC.jpeg

E55F85DB-F247-4001-9B1A-34041EA7C303.jpeg

C07268D8-AADE-4D51-9BFE-5DA2EC8220E7.jpeg

4D23D275-64BE-4CC3-B1F7-F38CDD8ECA49.jpeg

• Like 1

Grape Ape

Looks like a great time. Thanks for the pics. 

• Like 1

The best part of it was the chance to make new friends and that's the ACE advantage. For all of those new members we have, I really encourage you to participate in an ACE event and meet some new friends - we're pretty OK.

• Upvote 2

Chameleon
2 hours ago, German said:

The best part of it was the chance to make new friends and that's the ACE advantage. For all of those new members we have, I really encourage you to participate in an ACE event and meet some new friends - we're pretty OK.

:agree   :ACE:

• Upvote 2