Route 66 Fun Run 2022 - April 29 -, 30, May 1

German

The Route 66 Fun Run is back! If you've been on it, you know it's a blast- if you haven't then give it some thought It's a low cost deal and well worth it. Get to Seligman on Friday, drive to Kingman and the big car show on Saturday, drive to Topock on Sunday, then home.

My plan, as usual is to go to Seligman via Yarnell, avoid interstates, and get to Seligman that afternoon. Happy to group up for that run with anyone. Same for the return from Topock on Sunday.

Here are some pictures from a previous run: https://photos.app.goo.gl/qTeaaUuTmhoDFntw8 

call 928-753-5001 or email info@historic66az.com 

www.historic66az.com 

IMG_6730.JPG

I was all geared up to go in 2020 when it got canceled.

This year I've got a schedule conflict that I am trying to fix. I really want to participate! 

Wow! The 33rd already. I went to the first one in '89, IIRC, but haven't been back since. Maybe I should put it on my calendar.

33rd Annual Route 66 Fun Run Registration Form April 29 May 1, 2022

LAST NAME:____________________________________ FIRST NAME:_____________________________ ADDRESS:__________________________________________ PHONE:_________________________ CITY:____________________________STATE:____________ZIP:_________________
VEHICLE YEAR:_____________MAKE:___________________MODEL:_________________________ CLUB AFFILIATION:________________________________________________________________

EMAIL ADDRESS: ___________________________________________________________________

ENTRY FEE $55.00 PER VEHICLE (After April 15, 2022 - $60.00)

Includes a goodie bag with 1 t-shirt, Dash plaque, Show-N-Shine Car Show, Award Ceremony, Custom License Plate, and more. Additional shirts are $20. Shirts will be $25 day of event. Select a size: ___S ___M ___L ___XL ___2XL ___3XL

TOTAL AMOUNT AUTHORIZED $______________ ___Payment enclosed: CHECK/CREDIT CARD

Credit card number______________________________ Expiration date________ CVV______ ___ Check here if you want your car to be judged and you are planning to participate in the Awards

Ceremony on Sunday in Topock/Golden Shores. You must be present to win.
___ Check here if you plan to pick up your registration packet in Kingman, on Friday, April 29 at the

Powerhouse Visitor Center between 10 am & 4 pm only.

____ Check here if you plan to pick up your registration packet in Seligman, which will be available on Friday, April 29 from noon-5pm or Saturday April 30 from 7:30 a.m. 10a.m.

Liability Release: I hereby certify that I agree to release and hold harmless HISTORIC ROUTE 66 ASSOCIATION OF ARIZONA, the 33rd Annual Fun Run weekend April 29 May 1, 2022, its agents and members and the owners and/or managers of all locations where any part of the event is held, from loss, damage, or injury resulting from participation in the above event. I also certify that my vehicle is properly licensed and insured to meet legal requirement of liability.

For more information please call 928-753-5001. Registrations can also be emailed to info@historic66az.com.

Signature of entrant:_____________________________ Date:______________*SORRY NO REFUNDS*

Make checks payable and mail registration to:
Historic Route 66 Association of Arizona

P.O. Box 66 Kingman, AZ 86401

Always wanted to attend this one too....😎👍  😪  😭 I will also have a conflict with being here.

I know this will sound stupid, but aren't hotel/motels already sold out and not close to the stops?  I know nothing about this.

Hotels in Seligman are probably tight, but Williams is a great alternative nearby. Kingman is large enough that hotels aren't a real problem but not so big that you're very far from the action.

Are any of our group planning on going this year? I would consider going with other ACE folks.

Myrna and I are very interested!

We'd  love to take the C3 out for this. Currently looking at lodging options, but expect us to be there! 

Would we miss a lot of action if we're not in Seligman on Friday? Can't find hotel within 30 minutes, so we might stay near Prescott and drive up Saturday morning. (Unless there are amazing events that we'd miss by doing that)

If the latter is the case, Williams looks like a good alternative (about 45 minutes from Seligman)

On 1/13/2022 at 7:48 PM, Dave64 said:

Are any of our group planning on going this year? I would consider going with other ACE folks.

I think German is going.  See first post in this thread. . .

German, where are you staying and are you picking up your pkg in Seligman on Friday?  The best I could do was a flea bag motel in Williams. For Saturday night are you staying in Kingman?

Ron, I'm staying at the Comfort Inn in Williams and then at the Best Western Mariner's in Kingman. There's a second Best Western in Kingman that is very close to this one also. Yes - picking up the package in Seligman. Our plan, with a few others is to leave early Friday, go via Yarnell, Prescott, etc. arriving in Seligman mid afternoon. After reaching the finish line in Topock on Sunday, we'll head to Lake Havasu City for lunch, then head home.

We are all signed up and booked!

Staying in Williams on Friday and Kingman on Saturday.

@German

We would like to join you for the drive out via Yarnell, if you'll have us! 

Yes, of course. I'll post a meeting place and departure time as it gets closer. Most likely the McDonald's at Carefree and I-17.

Mary & Payton are going with the Corvette Outlaws of Green Valley.  We are leaving on Wednesday to Flagstaff, meeting a Utah Corvette club at the South Rim, spending the night in Williams.  We will be in Kingman on Friday and Saturday night.  Cruising to Seligman Saturday Morning and driving Route 66 back to Kingman.  The Corvette Outlaws of Green Valley are going to be turning around at Oatman on Sunday and heading back to Southern AZ.  I would like to meet up with ACE in Topock and cruise back to Phoenix.

You can get your Route 66 Passport here: https://www.historic66az.com/route66passport.html

• 4 weeks later...

I've begun to get the C3 cabin air cooler in preparation for the Fun Run!

Probably install a manual hot water shutoff valve, put thermal barrier tape on the side of the evaporator box, and thermal sleeving on the A/C lines.

Looking forward to a cool cruise! 😎

Im going, but with another Group, probably going to take my Charger, I dont think there is any rooms available in Seligman

Be careful at Oatman, not very Vette friendly, all of the parking is in the dirt, and many places it is not level

Also you dont need to sign up to participate, you have to if you want the goody bag and attend the car show in Kingman

Its a fun cruise, make sure you stop at all the places along the route  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kahuna1 said:

Im going, but with another Group, probably going to take my Charger, I dont think there is any rooms available in Seligman

Still have this one?

Ace Karl.JPG

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...

I’m planning for a 9:00am meet up at the McDonalds on Carefree east of the 17. Take

the mountain road up, stop in Prescott for an early lunch then on to Seligman. Should be there between 2:00 and 3:00 more or less. 

Sure let's do that. Call me as you're approaching and we can coordinate. 623 . 523 . 3914

This is my planned route for the whole thing.

• Thanks 1