C5 oil change.

Ray55

Who changes their own C5 oil and filter? How can I do it without a lift? How do you guys use the tilt method to get all the oil out of the oil pan?

THX. 👏

Get 4 jack stands and two jacks, lift the front (jack on each side) and then lift the back same way.  Get all four corners off the ground, get jack stands securely under it, you're good.  Get lifting pucks or equivalent so you don't mess up your rocker panels.  Sounds like more work than it really is

• Thanks 1

I used race ramps for lifting the front and a jack for tilting on my C5.

I still use this method for oil changes on my current C6 with a dry-sump oiling system.

1 hour ago, mrhusker said:

I bought a quickjack. Really like that thing.

Me too. They are frequently on sale also. 

15 hours ago, Ray55 said:

Thx. How high do the ramps lift it? 
I see different ones online. 

I have the original set that is one piece.  They raise up the car about 8 inches.  If you are in the Tempe region you are welcome to try them out and see how your ride sits on them.

• 10 months later...

I made some home made ramps and cross member supports for my C5. I used some 2x10 and a 2x6 i had laying around. I got the dimensions from corvette forum.  They did their math wrong on the front ramps. I made them the same size as the rear. Haven’t tried them out yet but will soon when it’s oil change time. 

E2AC0D93-6F57-433A-85C8-AADC3B7A3613.jpeg