Plastic Fantastic 2022 CANCELED

Chameleon

Just received this: 

Dear Corvette Enthusiast,

At this time and due to the uncertain time we live in, the North County Corvette Club (NCoCC) has decided to cancel the Plastic Fantastic All Corvette Car Show for 2022.

We regret this decision, but we just did not see a clear path to planning and holding the show.  We are going to set our sights on 2023 and take the next year to evaluate the show and determine how and what the show may look like for the future.

13 hours ago, JohnU said:

A new year and the start of cancellations..... again!

Yep.  Really sick (no pun intended) of this. 

Waiting for the "powers that be" to acknowledge that this virus is now endemic in the world-wide human population, and we need to learn how to best live with it (like the flu, pneumonia, and a host of other shit that can kill us) instead of hiding under our beds from it.  I take precautions, but I can't live in fear. 

• Upvote 1

Well that stinks. I was really hoping I'd get to attend that show once before we move. Doesn't look like it now.

34 minutes ago, mrhusker said:

Well that stinks. I was really hoping I'd get to attend that show once before we move. Doesn't look like it now.

Move?  Where are you going?

I wish I could say it was across town or a different subdivision but it's not that easy. Your answer is in this photo.

20211124_153458.thumb.jpg.b911809a0819334c9ddb2e472c034d9e.jpg

Damn.  :(  You and Grape will be missed!

On a side note, what part of Tennessee and how soon do you anticipate actually being there? I am being nosey because I have a 3 week motorcycle trip planned in May and I will be in Tennessee for about 7 days of that trip...

We will be around the north side of Nashville area. Between Nashville and the Kentucky boarder. Maybe only like 40 minutes or so from the museum. 😉  😃  😎👍  Our oldest daughter and her family are there and we want to be closer to the grandkids. At least that's the plan for now. We will really miss all the friends we've made since we've been here too. Sorry for the high jack, I'll post up when and if we have a going away lunch planned.

13 hours ago, mrhusker said:

Forgot to put in that we plan on being out there by early spring, maybe a little sooner.

That is cool you will be close to the Corvette Museum. 

Let me know if you are settled and up for a potential quick visit (lunch or something).  I am going through Murfreesboro in early May on my way to ride the Blue Ridge Parkway, then coming back to Franklin for a few days of local riding, maybe up to mammoth cave. . . 

Murfreesboro is a potential home purchase place too. It's just south of Nashville so it will be close no matter what. We will be in touch when we get settled and find a place to meet up. Sounds like a great trip for you. 

17 minutes ago, mrhusker said:

Murfreesboro is a potential home purchase place too. It's just south of Nashville so it will be close no matter what. We will be in touch when we get settled and find a place to meet up. Sounds like a great trip for you. 

:thumbs

On 12/29/2021 at 9:28 PM, mrhusker said:

surprise wtf GIF

Yes, very unfortunate but it's true. Wish it was different. Just talked with a realtor today and things are going to progress much more quickly then I planned.