C5 or C6 wheels?

Ray55

Happy Sunday everybody. We just bought a C-5 2001 Corvette couple of days ago. It came with black wheels. I don’t like black wheels, I’d rather have them chrome. One guy at Cars And Coffee I went to told me they were C6 wheels? If I post a picture maybe someone can verify that for me. And I would like to find out if these black wheels have been dipped or not? I eventually want to get back to the chrome wheels. Thanks everyone and have a great Sunday. 

75CF1B33-7188-4B8C-81B8-56A70DCF4704.jpeg

Those are C6 wheels and they came chrome I believe. Looks like someone plastic dipped or spray painted?

Did you try removing some off the wheel?

That would tell for sure. If dipped it should peel right off. If painted another story.

Ive got a set of polished Gumby’s I might sell if the price where right. They are the ones pictured on my car in avatar.

21 hours ago, Ray55 said:

Happy Sunday everybody. We just bought a C-5 2001 Corvette couple of days ago.

Congrats on obtaining your Vette! :thumbs

Check out the Events section and come join us so we can see it in person!

Those black wheels you have (referred to as classic 5-spoke), were not black from the factory. OEM ('05-'08) were either painted silver, painted gray, polished, or chrome.

I'd guess someone either painted the silver ones (9671 cars built) or tried to repaint the low production gray (621 cars built).  Only a DS would paint the polished or chrome wheels.

3 minutes ago, HOXXOH said:

Those black wheels you have (referred to as classic 5-spoke), were not black from the factory. OEM ('05-'08) were either painted silver, painted gray, polished, or chrome.

I'd guess someone either painted the silver ones (9671 cars built) or tried to repaint the low production gray (621 cars built).  Only a DS would paint the polished or chrome wheels.

On closer inspection, they just might have been from one of the rather rare, 621 out of the 92,253 cars built between '05 and '07, with the optional QX1 competition gray wheels, since they don't really look very black.

Like Donna (Chameleon) mentioned, come to some event to verify if it's original paint or not.

If you like the wheel style, but in chrome, there were 32,279 cars built with them.