82 shifter knob removal??

Phill's Vette

Phill's Vette

Anyone know how to remove the shifter knob from an 82 auto? Changing my leather boot and cannot get the damm knob off. :toetap

Thanks!

Phill's Vette
Anyone know how to remove the shifter knob from an 82 auto? Changing my leather boot and cannot get the damm knob off. :toetap

Thanks!

UPDATE: Got my knob off.... :eek FYI - it screws off.

Thanks!

Thanks!

UPDATE: Got my knob off.... :eek FYI - it screws off.

Thanks!

Too many off color comments going through my head. I think I'll take the high road and behave :D

I'm glad you got your knob off.

Will you be replacing your knob with a custom knob?

Do you have pictures of your knob? :thumbs

You actually want to see his knob? :eek:eek:willy:willy:jd Robert :burnout

Phill, are you ready for Saturday and all the work we going to do to your ride? Remember, 9:30 at Jim's.

Phill's Vette
Phill, are you ready for Saturday and all the work we going to do to your ride? Remember, 9:30 at Jim's.

I sure am! :yesnod

We (Me and Car) will see you at 9:30am Saturday.

And as for my KNOB.... I will post a picture of IT this week.... :toetap

Guest UVETTYA

It's about time! A lot of people here have been waiting to see your knob. In fact, I'm thinking of posting a few pics of my knob just so we can compare! :thumbs

It's about time! A lot of people here have been waiting to see your knob. In fact, I'm thinking of posting a few pics of my knob just so we can compare! :thumbs

ROFLMAO All I can say is three more days. :D

ROFLMAO All I can say is three more days. :D

You aren't excited about that are you? :lol

No not excited about the knob deal. :D

Phill's Vette

Okay, Here IT is, here is my knob! :yesnod

33bfpxc.jpg

It looks kind of old like it has not been used in a long time but I have my hand on IT everyday. I thought about getting a custom knob job done, but there just isn't nothing like the original - the first one. A different knob would be like shifting with the left hand - you know, kinda weird and different but just not the same as the right hand!

I'd like to thank everyone on the forum for your help and concern in helping me get my knob off!

Thank you from my heart! :leaving

Phill's Vette

I showed you mine, now you have to show me yours! :yesnod

Okay, Here IT is, here is my knob! :yesnod

33bfpxc.jpg

It looks kind of old like it has not been used in a long time but I have my hand on IT everyday. I thought about getting a custom knob job done, but there just isn't nothing like the original - the first one. A different knob would be like shifting with the left hand - you know, kinda weird and different but just not the same as the right hand!

I'd like to thank everyone on the forum for your help and concern in helping me get my knob off!

Thank you from my heart! :leaving

Nice knob but you appear to have a very short shifter there :smilelol:smilelol:smilelol

33bfpxc.jpg

Nice knob but you appear to have a very short shifter there :smilelol:smilelol:smilelol

OUCH!!!!! :bang

BTW, nice composition work for the photograph!!! (the jeans made it feel more....more.....ummm.... nevermind)