Passenger Window

AZBuckeye

Just my luck, the passenger window quit working about 2 weeks outside warranty. I guess I get to crack open the door to see whats happening in there. Anyone else have the same problem? Any horror stories or advice to share?

mind did the same thing but for different reason. Ill be working on it this weekend.

Im starting to get good with the c5 interior, let me know if I can help.

Sounds like a window regulator. I paid $330 for the parts and $180 :eek in labor at the Power Chebby stealership in like November '05. I can dig up the part numbers. I would imagine you could get the same regulator and plug piece much cheaper online at Fred Beans, and then have Cahd slap it in for some brews. Or check on CF, there's probably a DIY post if you don't feel safe having Cahd put his vaselined hands on your ride. :devil

go ahead and laugh it up kids.

caption169.jpg

... some day you will need my help.

NO SOUP FOR YOU!!

cheers

cahd

i don't mind cAhd putting his vaseline hands on they flyt sim - his knowledge cured my PDL problem on my truck, and he's confident it's the same problem on my vette!

Sometimes a good slam will break it free. My 99 FRC (sold) did this intermittently. For some reason if the window motor isn't used frequently it gets stuck. Try a couple of good slams to see if it will break free.

Sometimes a good slam will break it free. My 99 FRC (sold) did this intermittently. For some reason if the window motor isn't used frequently it gets stuck. Try a couple of good slams to see if it will break free.

My kinda mechanic! If all else fails get a BFH :D

With respect I disagree with you.

Something is not working,

Build up of road boogers

bad ground

failing power window moter.

bad switch

broken window track

something aint working and giving it a good Fonze "whack" is not fixing the problem just delaying it.

With a fiberglass car id be nervious of using the Fonze touch on any part with the risk or breaking something else.

2 cts

cheers

cAhd

Disagree all you'd like - it worked on my car twice. I didn't have to pay for unnecessary parts, didn't have to tear the door apart. And I didn't come close to damaging the door. Search for this topic on CF and you'll see plenty of discussion.

This is another of the common maladies GM geniuses engineered into the car.