Help with Tire Leak

steve286

Two weeks ago I got a huge nail in my tire in my 06 C6 so I had to get a new tire. Van Chevrolet was the only place that had one in stock so I took it there. After one week with the new tire the cars low tire pressure warning went off for the same tire I had replaced. I checked the tire and I could not see any nail. I took it back to Van Chevrolet and they said they dunked the tire in the water bin and there was no leak. They sent me on my way and some how I knew I would be back. Now it is four days later and the tire has lost another 6psi and the low air pressure warning is on again. Any ideas on what it might be?????

It is probably leaking from the valve stem. You are probably going to take it back and have them unmount it and replace the valve stem and remount it.

Too bad, what a time waster.

It is probably leaking from the valve stem. You are probably going to take it back and have them unmount it and replace the valve stem and remount it.

Too bad, what a time waster.

Just got two new tires tonight hope they don't leak. Sounds like the valve stem to me. Could be leaking at the rim seal like when you turn and and put pressure on it, and not showing up in the water tank.

My guess is the tire pressure sensor is loose or the o-ring is not sealing. I'd take it to a real tire shop. My preference has always been Discount Tire. Knowing you're location I would recommend the DT at 32nd and Cactus. They've always done the right thing with my C5.

My guess is the tire pressure sensor is loose or the o-ring is not sealing. I'd take it to a real tire shop. My preference has always been Discount Tire. Knowing you're location I would recommend the DT at 32nd and Cactus. They've always done the right thing with my C5.

:agree I bet it's the sensor. I've had to take mine back to Discount to get two of 'em tightened down to stop slow leaks in two new tires.

Guest Steve Mulvey
I agree, Discount Tire!! Stay away from Dealers if you can...

I would avoid the Discount Tire at FLW and Pima if I were you. They chipped the paint off of my quarter panel, left greasy handprints all over the whitewalls and dented my hubcaps with a hammer trying to put them back on. Additionally they used short valve stems that did not stick through the holes in the hubcaps so it would have been impossible to check the tires for pressure. Not a terribly impressive performance. I am disinclined to ever return to any Discount tire. Oh and of course you are going to ask if I made these flaws clear to the manager? I did and I got a "What am I supposed to do about that?" response. You guys can go there if you want, I need 4 hubcaps at about $500- and a quarter panel repaint for about the same..

I went to a Firestone store at Camelback and Miller for my Caddy tires and they were perfect.. and a lot cheaper.

I agree, Discount Tire!! Stay away from Dealers if you can...

I would avoid the Discount Tire at FLW and Pima if I were you. They chipped the paint off of my quarter panel, left greasy handprints all over the whitewalls and dented my hubcaps with a hammer trying to put them back on. Additionally they used short valve stems that did not stick through the holes in the hubcaps so it would have been impossible to check the tires for pressure. Not a terribly impressive performance. I am disinclined to ever return to any Discount tire. Oh and of course you are going to ask if I made these flaws clear to the manager? I did and I got a "What am I supposed to do about that?" response. You guys can go there if you want, I need 4 hubcaps at about $500- and a quarter panel repaint for about the same..

I went to a Firestone store at Camelback and Miller for my Caddy tires and they were perfect.. and a lot cheaper.

After my accident with the C5 the body shop used them to mount the two replacement rear tires. I asked the kid if they retrained the TPS's and he said "of course, we always do". I started to drive off and they weren't reading right. I got out with my magnet and started to do it when the kid said "what are you doing?" I explained that this is how you retrain the sensors. He didn't have a clue. Each store is different but I've had nothing but good luck at 32nd and Cactus.

Today I took her to discout tire and had them rebuild the tire pressure monitor unit. It cost a whopping $3.75. I hope it fixes the problem. I will let everyone know if she is fixed :dupe in a couple days. When I got home I looked at the tire they worked on and it was covered with the guys greasy hand prints that had been working on it. What ever happended to cleaning up after your done. Oh well I should have inspected it before I left the shop so they could clean up there mess. I hate letting anyone work on my car......

Today I took her to discout tire and had them rebuild the tire pressure monitor unit. It cost a whopping $3.75. I hope it fixes the problem. I will let everyone know if she is fixed :dupe in a couple days. When I got home I looked at the tire they worked on and it was covered with the guys greasy hand prints that had been working on it. What ever happended to cleaning up after your done. Oh well I should have inspected it before I left the shop so they could clean up there mess. I hate letting anyone work on my car......

Hummm I just had two tires replaced at Discount Tire and they wore gloves while working but would take them off when they touched the car. These boys went out of there way to keep my car clean. I guess someplace are just better than others. :bang

Guest 1FASTC4

I buy tires for all my vehicles at Discount Tire. The one at Bell and Grand. When I bring the 'Vette in I always get the best of service. A couple of those guys there are gear heads and the managers are very good to me. Since I'm carbed, it's a bit of a circus freak so I always have 2 or 3 guys working on it.

I'm sorry others have had poor service, regardless of company/location... I know how it feels.