A story for you Geek Types.

Eddie44

Sunday afternoon I flew to Billings for a court case I had been subpoena'd for. I get there and check into the hotel that your tax dollars were paying for. It was your typical 60's two story motel. It had been renovated and was clean (especially on Gila Bend standards).

I look around the room and they had a sign describing how to access their wireless internet (free). Problem is my work laptop doesn't work on wireless networks for security reasons (bank info and all that). I check out the desk/dresser and find what appears to be a wireless router. I unplug the cable and plug it into my laptop. Surprise, I can access the Internet.

Well that was fine Sunday night and Monday morning. When I get back to my room on the lunch break the internet cable is hooked back up to the router. I think "what a bitch, the maid unhooked me". I hook it back up to my laptop and go back to court.

Upon returning to the room that evening there's a voicemail from the front desk lady saying "I don't understand what you're doing Mr. Catlett but when you unhook the router in your room no one else in your wing of the hotel can access the internet. I think oh poop and hook it back up to the router.

I had finally had it last night about 10 pm and I needed a ACE Forum fix. I figure no one else is using it so I hook it back up to my laptop.

This afternoon in the airport I was talking to a couple of the other witnesses. We were discussing our visit to the wonderful little town of Billings. One of the ladys who is an attorney here in Phx says "the motel was surprisingly nice. Better than I anticipated, but their wireless internet sucks!" She goes on to say she was trying to get some work done and the internet kept going off.

NOPE, I didn't tell her! :D

You mean there were no wired ports you could use without unplugging the source? I've never heard of one.

:thumbs

:agree What he said. Most wireless routers still have places to plug into the back. :lol

But either way, that is still funny as hell. :smilelol:smilelol:smilelol

You mean there were no wired ports you could use without unplugging the source? I've never heard of one.

:thumbs

Nope, no open port because I carry my own cord for that reason. I even asked the desk as I was checking out and they said they have 3 rooms with hardwire but they were being remodeled so they weren't renting them.

That's too freaking funny. It reminds me of the commercial where the dude is in his garage wondering what some light switch did and kept turning it off and on while the neighbor is getting her car beat to shit by the garage door.

ha ha ha

I bet you were just busting at the seams trying not to laugh.... Good story Eddie!!!! :thumbs