THIS IS THE ONE!!!!

dwdrummer

Although out of reach for a lot of us, I feel that corvette has TRULY made a race car for the street. Do yourself a favor and listen to this video with good speakers or headphones. I think I need to start me a GO-FUND-ME account. Ha Ha

Sounds too much like a Ferrari or Lambo. I would love for the car to have a more traditional Corvette sound.

16 hours ago, Extender32 said:

Sounds too much like a Ferrari or Lambo. I would love for the car to have a more traditional Corvette sound.

You wanted to say it sounds like a Mustang?

Any gas-powered sound beats an electric whir! However, a Z06 with roughly the torque level of a Stingray (and at a significantly higher RPM level) means that the regular driving experience just might be more fun in the Stingray. For those who have regular access to a track (and interest in that) this looks like a great package. For those of us who like a higher performance level for regular use - maybe not so much. I'm keeping my C7 Z06 with tons of torque in the lower RPM ranges and will keep my C8 pending order as a Stingray. All Corvettes are great, the new Z06 is tailored for a use that isn't exactly my use and that's fine - just not for me.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JohnU said:

You wanted to say it sounds like a Mustang?

Somewhat but the Z06 needs a deeper throaty sound.

Good that they captured the sound....they can use it for simulation for the E-Ray sound.    :leaving

• Haha 1

Absolutely, I can't wait to see one. I suspect it will be about a year from now given early summer projected start of production and the trickle-out to all the dealers.

CrimsonNCream

I saw the video the other day and thought it was an amazing engineering feat by Corvette! I loved the sound and expected that from a smaller V8, valve design, intake, higher red line, tighter specifications, and exhaust. Looking forward to the racing and beating the Europeans with their $250,000 cars!

The dealer, from whom I bought my C8, in New Jersey, contacted me and asked if I wanted to be placed on their 2023 Z06 list, so I would be one of the early owners.  I thanked him for the consideration, but opted out.  Also, he could not give me a purchase price at the time.  I absolutely agree with German about it being a great car if one tracks one's car a lot.  I'm a street hot rodder that happens to it in Corvettes, so my base Stingray will do me just fine.  For those who want a Z06, they will be getting, certainly, a world-class car.  I'm anxious to see one in the flesh.

BTW. Did ya'll notice that they used an Accelerate Yellow Metallic car the most in their scenes?

My guy sent me this:

The day we have all been waiting for is finally here.  Today (Tuesday, 10/26/21) is the reveal of the much-anticipated Corvette Z06, the first every mid-engine Z06. 

Now that the reveal is here, Ciocca Corvette, the world’s largest Corvette dealership, is preparing to open our reservation list much like we did with the C8 Stingray.  And, like the Stingray, we will be offering the C8 Z06 at MSRP to those on our reservation list.

Ciocca’s Z06 list will open on Tuesday, November 2, 2021, at 12:00 Noon eastern time.  The instructions for how to get on the reservation list will be found at that time at:

https://www.cioccacorvette.com/reserve-your-z06.htm

Because of the anticipated high traffic at that time, we will not start reaching out to everyone on the list to give them their reservation number until Monday November 8, 2021.  No reservation numbers will be given out before that date.

Because our sales team is currently occupied with delivering new, 2022 Stingrays that are rolling off the line, we ask that you do not call the showroom with any questions.  If you have any questions, please email them to one of the following:

Dave Salvatore – dsalvatore@cioccadealerships.com

Chris Fernandes – cfernandes@cioccadealerships.com

Dan Maida – dmaida@cioccadealerships.com

If you are currently on our Stingray reservation list, you reservation IS NOT transferable to the Z06 list.  You will need to send in a new reservation to get on the Z06 list.  At that time, you can request a refund to come off the Stingray list should you wish to.

Thank you!

Ciocca Corvette

The World’s Largest Corvette Dealership