OK, I'm still at a loss

Bigfoot

I did a little experimenting tonight, to see how things are going with my new mods. Nice and cool outside. Just tried a few "launches" to estimate 0-60 time.

When I drop the hammer it just really takes her a long time to get going. It's like she's bogging down real bad until it climbs over 3000-3500 RPM's, then she really goes. I even get a little bark shifting into second gear (auto, and just a little one). Yes, TCS is off. Just like on club day at Speedworld

I checked the DIC for codes and did get a P0137 and P0157, both rear HO2S sensor low voltage codes (from the way I read it meaning lean condition). But I did not get these every time.

Anyone have any ideas other than spending a fortune to have it checked by the pros?

Guest AZ Power & Sound
I did a little experimenting tonight, to see how things are going with my new mods. Nice and cool outside. Just tried a few "launches" to estimate 0-60 time.

When I drop the hammer it just really takes her a long time to get going. It's like she's bogging down real bad until it climbs over 3000-3500 RPM's, then she really goes. I even get a little bark shifting into second gear (auto, and just a little one). Yes, TCS is off. Just like on club day at Speedworld

I checked the DIC for codes and did get a P0137 and P0157, both rear HO2S sensor low voltage codes (from the way I read it meaning lean condition). But I did not get these every time.

Anyone have any ideas other than spending a fortune to have it checked by the pros?

bring it by, I will give you a free inspection, scan the codes and scan your computer. Im in tomorrow from the crack of noon until about 7 pm

Thanks Mike, appreciate that. :thumbs

Today might be tough for me though. I might be able to swing by on Wednesday if you are there the same hours, Thursday should be better. If I can make it either of these days I probably could not make it until 5:30 at the earliest.

Let me know if the hours for you are the same all week and I'll definitely try and swing in one of these days, and I'll call when I'm rolling.

Sean

Guest AZ Power & Sound
Thanks Mike, appreciate that. :thumbs

Today might be tough for me though. I might be able to swing by on Wednesday if you are there the same hours, Thursday should be better. If I can make it either of these days I probably could not make it until 5:30 at the earliest.

Let me know if the hours for you are the same all week and I'll definitely try and swing in one of these days, and I'll call when I'm rolling.

Sean

any day is fine with me :)

OK, here's what I did on a hunch (thanks to Tim "P51tj").

I borrowed a throttle body to slave in, in place of mine (AF terminology). :cone

Last night my 0-60 times were approximately 9.5 seconds. :toetap

Tonight, with Tim's old throttle body from his "yeller" car :howdy , my 0-60 times were about 6.3 +/- .2 (all timed by hand, by me while driving the car). That's an improvement of about 3.2 seconds!!!!!! MAYBE YELLER IS THE FASTEST COLOR!

Both outings I made the pulls about 4 or 5 times. I'm thinking I've hit upon something here. :thumbs

I'm gonna leave it there for a couple days (with Tim's permission of course) and see how things go.

I still plan to take her to AZP&S and have Mike run the quick check for me.

Anyone have a guess what this might translate into on the 1/4 mile?

Is this throttle body bigger than yours? If its the same size then is yours just not opening all the way? I dont get it, elaborate...Joe

It's the stock 78mm from Tim's '03 I put on my '99. I had a hunch that mine was acting really slow opening up during a "launch" and asked Tim if I could borrow his. I could tell the difference immediately. I think the servo mechanism in my old one may be going bad.

I know 6.3 0-60 is still not great, but it sure as hell is better than somewhere over 9.

I'm still going to have Mike at AZP&S take a quick look...but at least I think I'm on the right track.

Guest AZ Power & Sound
It's the stock 78mm from Tim's '03 I put on my '99. I had a hunch that mine was acting really slow opening up during a "launch" and asked Tim if I could borrow his. I could tell the difference immediately. I think the servo mechanism in my old one may be going bad.

I know 6.3 0-60 is still not great, but it sure as hell is better than somewhere over 9.

I'm still going to have Mike at AZP&S take a quick look...but at least I think I'm on the right track.

Ive got 3 or 4 stock throttle bodies sitting in my storage room... welcome to snag one if you want! they arent doing me any good

Don't have an extra FAST 90/90 laying around that I could snag, do you? :toetap

J/K!

That's a generous offer Mike. Top notch. :thumbs

Steve

Yep That be nice of you Mike. :thumbs

Well, saw Mike at AZP&S tonight....

His puter tells him I need a tune in a baaaad way. :toetap He's gonna do one tomorrow just to make the car "safe" as he put it. Apparently I'm running really lean :eek and and my timing is way out of wack...that's not good on either front.

He said no WOT until he does that for me. Hopefully things get better soon. I will need to get with Nick some time to do a full tune though.

Guest UVETTYA

That's good news. Someone who doesn't know what they're doing might have gotten in there with a Predator or something. Lots of possibilities. :toetap

Good luck!

Steve

That's good news. Someone who doesn't know what they're doing might have gotten in there with a Predator or something. Lots of possibilities. :toetap

Good luck!

Steve

Mike thinks that someone may have used a Predator or something on it (previous owner that is). I bought it used private party, so you never know.

Guest AZ Power & Sound

Most C5s ping a bit and are a little lean from the factory... thats normal and just part of building a car around sea level and 93 octane... neither of which we have, but when the car has massive detonation and extremely lean its usually either a dirty / bad MAF sensor, or someone stuck a nasty tune in there at one point!

Hypertechs, Predators etc basically just lean out the car and add a few degrees of timing, which makes an already dangerous tune severely bad!

Mike took care of me tonight...as best he could. :thumbs Apparently my MAF is bad and not letting the car go to WOT fully. The car is safe to drive, but needs a new MAF. :bang I checked mine out and nothing out of the ordinary...screen is clear (dusty but that's it), the filaments are fine, so it must be electrical.

Anyone have a spare one laying around that you are not using/going to use? :xfinger

:clap Instant classic. :lol In sports they call it "poster-ized"....well, you've been 'caHdsterized'! :bang

Just need a certain mod to photochop his mug on there and make it his avatar. :devil