So I’m feeling kinda proud

aenigma

We trailered to Tucson this weekend for the ADRA and American Dragster races. I’m a foot braker only - no transbrake like most entered, so I’m at a small handicap. I placed third  in ADRA’s Saturday race and won a little money. That’s a feat (feet) 😂
I thought about adding a trans brake but decided I’m liking the old school challenge of working the feet vs a button.
 I also got the coveted .000 reaction time on the qualifying “throw us random index qualifying run” for American Dragster. Odd rules they have but very challenging.  It was only qualifying but still I never thought I’d see .000 ever! 
I’m entering Tucson dragways foot brake race next month. It won’t be same weekend as the Tucson ACE cruise thankfully. 
My bracket racing is getting pretty good! Lonnie’s been quite the teacher and he was kind of impressed with my new launch skills! 
I’m done bragging but had to share since I’ve posted since the start of my building and racing. 
we removed the back window screen and added (of course) chrome stripes which made the car faster. 😂

the DA was 5700 and my car doesn’t like it at all but bracket racing is strategy vs fast time so all was good. I got 27 runs in and still wanted more. 
A great time was had and I can’t wait for the next race! 

6B873EA2-5D4C-417C-B98C-27B8838BEB22.jpeg

41881312-C631-4692-8C49-70DB0CCC1C6D.jpeg

AA1E4793-5429-4ADC-9282-DA0652C28043.jpeg

D7E9011E-28CE-4E8E-8CA4-65D08DFB2D49.jpeg

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Extender32 said:

Nice! But I still maintain, the chrome addition slowed your ET.

Not possible, science doesn't back that up.  Per BadBob Combs (God rest his silly soul), decals are worth 10 hp 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheCMSH said:

Not possible, science doesn't back that up.  Per BadBob Combs (God rest his silly soul), decals are worth 10 hp 

yeah, what you said. 😂

shuddup Greg!  😂😂😂

On 10/13/2021 at 11:24 PM, HOXXOH said:

Oh you go girl.:partydance:

:rockon2:I've never had a .000, so serious envy here. Congrats. 

It may be a one and only but it was so cool to get!

Nice job Mo! I'll be looking for that ET with mine and would happy as hell to get it, minus the zero RT of course. I like the new shinny bits also. :thumbs

• Thanks 1

I've honestly never have seen a .000 before. Congrats! Gonna be hard to top that one.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Buccaneer said:

Nice job Mo! I'll be looking for that ET with mine and would happy as hell to get it, minus the zero RT of course. I like the new shinny bits also. :thumbs

that time was in horrible da. My car bogged several times at launch throughout the weekend. It was frustrating but Tucson is such a fun track, it’s worth the bad DA. 

5 hours ago, Buccaneer said:

winter is coming!!  You need to get out there with me!! 

6 hours ago, aenigma said:

that time was in horrible da. My car bogged several times at launch throughout the weekend. It was frustrating but Tucson is such a fun track, it’s worth the bad DA. 

winter is coming!!  You need to get out there with me!! 

I'm working on it. I have the car tore apart right now installing things and doing upgrades. I figure it will take a few more weeks since I have to wait on parts...I'll get there though.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Buccaneer said:

I'm working on it. I have the car tore apart right now installing things and doing upgrades. I figure it will take a few more weeks since I have to wait on parts...I'll get there though.

you sound like Lonnie. 😂

It was like Christmas early today. A lot of things came in, but not all of the stuff needed to finish. Tues should be the day for everything to arrive.🤞 I did make some progress with the relay's install and WB 02 new harness/controller install. :thumbs

• Upvote 1

CrimsonNCream

Way to go Mo! I could not have done even close to what you have accomplished. It may also help to have those small feet! Keep up all the fun and good work!

• Thanks 1

On 10/16/2021 at 7:30 AM, aenigma said:

you sound like Lonnie. 😂

Most new stuff installed, calibrated and working well, but the one item I needed to put everything back together is back ordered, of course...So I had to reorder it from another place that says they have some, we shall see. WAITING, another week I bet. Ugh! It's ALWAYS something.

2 hours ago, Buccaneer said:

Most new stuff installed, calibrated and working well, but the one item I needed to put everything back together is back ordered, of course...So I had to reorder it from another place that says they have some, we shall see. WAITING, another week I bet. Ugh! It's ALWAYS something.

you have to get it done before winter is over or you’re going to miss the season! 

15 minutes ago, HOXXOH said:

OMG is this for real or did Lonnie let a Genie out of a bottle? :thumbs

I know - crazy huh?  Bracket racing is seriously fun.