Fun with the C5 electrical system, FIXED!!

ChadC

You are the MAN! :bang Well done. You do know your shi'ite. We only bust your balls 'cause of your spelling, I swear. "We kid because we love" - Dr. Phil

And if you're selling that heap for a C6, I wanna pilfer through your C5 go fast goodies! :devil

I know bud... I dish it out just as much as I can take it.

actually I dont have any go fast goodies ON the car (if you count a Black wing filter i guess).

However in the living room is a different story

motovation

cahd

We can't wait for you to loose some weight so that we can watch you do the instal...... Let us know when it's gonna happen and I'll bring the duct tape and cresent wrench... Oh yeah, and the Vise Grips just in case..... :D

Andrew

Oh BTW, good job on tracking down the problem.....

We can't wait for you to loose some weight so that we can watch you do the instal...... Let us know when it's gonna happen and I'll bring the duct tape and cresent wrench... Oh yeah, and the Vise Grips just in case..... :D

Andrew

Oh BTW, good job on tracking down the problem.....

Andrew, you forgot the BFH :D

excellent write up - someone like a PC Tech couldn't have possibly come up with a troubleshooting "schema" like that! phew! :cfdeadagain

i was kinda doing the same thing with my voltage problem (no intent to hijack, but since the problem is solved.....)

when i would drive in cold temps (with the engine cold) the voltage was high, and as the car would heat up the voltage was low - so that was my first "tip" underhood temps increasing dramatically in the summer

then i found that as the RPMs would change, so too would the voltage - well there's only one thing that could cause voltage to fluctuate when RPMs change - and that's the alternator (rpms increase on the alt, and temp increases at the same time)

i guess i better get off my lazy butt and replace it before sumthin' bad happens!

internal voltage regulator

for my problem?

if so, ,like some have said, these aren't as easily rebuilt as the old school ones - so i think a complete rebuild somewhere or a new one would be warranted - correct?

GM parts on line has a new module for 216.00 + plus shipping. sigh.

cheers

chad

take the part number over to fredbeansgmparts.com and check here before you hit the submit button

i have found that you can easily save a few bucks, if on nothing else....shipping!

GM parts on line has a new module for 216.00 + plus shipping. sigh.

cheers

chad

take the part number over to fredbeansgmparts.com and check here before you hit the submit button

i have found that you can easily save a few bucks, if on nothing else....shipping!

that is the www.gmpartswharehoue.com and Fredbeans price.

MSRP is around $340.00

just my luck.....

I ordered the part yesterday. It said "once you order you cannot cancel"

ok fine

this morning on CF is see someone parting out there 99 door module for $30.

grrr...

And so far GM Parts Direct are pretty slow in shipping. I ordered my MAF early Friday morning (about 5:30 AM) and today (Tuesday afternoon) it still has not shipped. :toetap