A choo choo 4 da Dawg

P51tj

Full Steam Ahead: World’s Largest Steam Locomotive Returns with 'The Big Boy 2021 Tour'

OMAHA, NEB., JUNE 14, 2021

Union Pacific's Big Boy No. 4014, will embark on "The Big Boy 2021 Tour" Aug. 5 to celebrate railroad heritage and the communities Union Pacific serves. This is the first tour since the locomotive was restored for 2019's "Great Race" tours celebrating the 150th anniversary of the transcontinental railroad’s completion. The multi-year restoration took place at Union Pacific’s steam shop in Cheyenne, Wyoming, following a retirement that spanned six decades.

"Weighing in at 1.2 million pounds, the Big Boy makes a big impression in communities it visits, reminding us of bygone days and the important role the railroad continues to play in our global economy," said Scott Moore, senior vice president – Corporate Relations and chief administrative officer. "This summer, we are proud to announce that the Big Boy will be back to tour through 10 of the states and hundreds of the communities which Union Pacific serves."

No. 4014 will leave the Steam Shop in Cheyenne, Wyoming, August 5, making brief whistle-stops in communities across Arkansas, Colorado, Illinois, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas and Wyoming. The locomotive will be on display in the following cities:

• Saturday, Aug. 14: Fort Worth, Texas
  • Tuesday, Aug. 17: Houston, Texas
  • Saturday, Aug. 21: New Orleans, Louisiana
  • Sunday, Aug. 29: St. Louis, Missouri
  • Monday, Sept. 6: Denver, Colorado

No. 4014 will return to Cheyenne following the Denver stop. A complete list of overnight and whistle stops will be released at http://upsteam.com. Fans interested in getting the latest news regarding Union Pacific’s steam program and notifications of schedule updates can join the Union Pacific Steam Club at http://up.com/SteamClub.

Twenty-five Big Boys were built exclusively for Union Pacific, the first of which was delivered in 1941 to handle the steep terrain between Cheyenne and Ogden. Of the eight still in existence, No. 4014 is the world's only operating Big Boy. The other seven can be found on display in Cheyenne, Wyoming; Denver, Colorado; Frisco, Texas; Green Bay, Wisconsin; Omaha, Nebraska; Scranton, Pennsylvania; and St. Louis, Missouri.

I have a killer video of it after Gila Bend in 2019 out in the desert,

I even called them on the radio to get a killer whistle blow as he approached me. 

Holy Shit :eek  

is that really you Tony ????

Funny,

I was just thinking of you the other day, your “rubbing is racing” line. 

• 3 weeks later...