Whose planes are these ?

HOXXOH

It's a quiz for those who work at or near Sky Harbor, to identify the planes/airlines that landed on the North runway on Dec 1, 2019.

The clues are found on Google Earth about 3 miles West of touchdown with the second one mere seconds behind.

Bonus points for the time of day and airport of origin.

1st one will be a guess based on the blue markings on the forward fuselage, I say American and is a Boeing 737

2nd one is Delta and is an Airbus 320.

The time is about 11:35 

American in from LAS and Delta from SLC.

23 hours ago, P51tj said:

1st one will be a guess based on the blue markings on the forward fuselage, I say American and is a Boeing 737

2nd one is Delta and is an Airbus 320.

The time is about 11:35 

American in from LAS and Delta from SLC.

Damn, you're good. :thumbs

I was searching for something else and spotted what appeared to be a plane in the middle of Grant Street and a second one about 1.5 miles behind it. The shocker was how close they were to each other. I worked for 10 years in the '80's at 40th st & Airlane and don't remember planes landing in that short of time intervals (i.e. about 30 seconds) while staring out the window.

Then again, I don't remember what I had for dinner 2 days ago either. :hide:

Azmotorhead
23 hours ago, HOXXOH said:

Damn, you're good. :thumbs

I was searching for something else and spotted what appeared to be a plane in the middle of Grant Street and a second one about 1.5 miles behind it. The shocker was how close they were to each other. I worked for 10 years in the '80's at 40th st & Airlane and don't remember planes landing in that short of time intervals (i.e. about 30 seconds) while staring out the window.

Then again, I don't remember what I had for dinner 2 days ago either. :hide:

Phoenix was probably using both runways for arrivals. (Parallel runways). It'll make aircraft look closer together than they actually are.