Tucson repair shop needed

TravisC6

I need a recommendation for a good Corvette shop in Tucson. My father in law has a 1972 Corvette with some overheating issues. The shop he takes his daily driver to has tried some things but eventually admitted they don't know how to work on classic cars. He lives on the east side of Tucson and we would prefer to find a good shop in Tucson.  I posted this on Facebook but not sure how much crossover there is between here and there.  Any recommendation is appreciated!

Just so you don't think the world is ignoring you, I'm offering some input.  It seems like biggest frustrations Tucson folks have is finding a decent shop, this isn't anything new, its just a problem that's been there as long as I've been around this Corvette game in Arizona.  It isn't that you're being ignored on the request, its just that no one has a solid recommendation.

Bump the thread a few times, not everyone checks in on a regular basis, but I fear you won't get much input.

You might be better served getting the thing on a trailer up to Scottsdale/Tempe.  Vintage Iron is probably choice 1 for that car, option 2 would probably be Classic Gold Auto in Tempe.  If you Google search, under no circumstances even consider Bromley's, they have butchered way too many cars, so bad to the point we've locked him out 

I would think you could drive it up on a cooler morning?  Is the fan shroud still present under the hood?  Might not seem like a big deal but it is, especially for in-town driving.  Short of checking the radiator for being clogged, a hung up thermostat, or a head gasket issue, all of which any semi-competent shop should be able to do), I'm not sure where to point you

• Upvote 1

And the fan shroud NEEDS to be sealed  against the radiator with the foam kit. 

• Like 1