Pavilion’ s car shows re-opening

1jester

1jester

Their web site states Saturdays from 8:00 am till noon?  Anybody know if evenings are opening again?

Buccaneer

It doesn't look like it anytime soon. They just opened this last Saturday for the first time for a full opening without invite. There are no more reserved rows for types of cars, no cone reserved parking for friends and no more tuners allowed. :thumbs

az57chevy

Since the owner of the McDonald's shop died, I suspect so has the Pavilions Car Show as we knew it :(

1jester

I did not know he passed away. They do have a really good gathering there. It would be a shame to see it go.

Buccaneer

The original owner of McDonald's (long haired older dood) sold the McDonald's and the new owner of recent has absolutely NO interest in car shows. (he MUST be crazy) Anyway, there is a older gentleman that is taking over for the car show, I forget his name and met him a week ago when I stopped over there to check out the crowd for the sign up and be invited kind of thing, 75 cars max. Now, it's open to all cars, except tuner imports from what I gather and nothing is reserved. I didn't know of anyone dying?

Buccaneer
13 hours ago, 1991 ZR1 said:

Long haired older dood

https://www.highline-autos.com/mark-kramer-celebrates-70-years-of-ferrari/

True old school car guy, Mark passed in 2021, RIP, He owned several McDonalds and sold Pavillions before Covid

Thanks, I didn't know his name nor did I know he had passed away this year. Well, it's OPEN again, so that's all that matters for now. :thumbs

Buccaneer

Just talked with my buddy down the street with his Daytona who went to the Pav this last weekend and talked with Larry, the new POC for the show. He did say that down the road a bit they plan on bringing back corvette row and it will north of where it used to be, closer to YCs end of lot and will bring back designated rows for other cars. They just want to get the show up and running. That is all, carry on...

aenigma

We did a Vette cruise there once, omg it was so hot. I can’t remember what month. 
it’d be nice to have it back in the fall. Hopefully they’ll pull it together kind of like it used to be.