Pavilion’ s car shows re-opening

1jester

Their web site states Saturdays from 8:00 am till noon?  Anybody know if evenings are opening again?

It doesn't look like it anytime soon. They just opened this last Saturday for the first time for a full opening without invite. There are no more reserved rows for types of cars, no cone reserved parking for friends and no more tuners allowed. :thumbs

Since the owner of the McDonald's shop died, I suspect so has the Pavilions Car Show as we knew it :(

I did not know he passed away. They do have a really good gathering there. It would be a shame to see it go.

The original owner of McDonald's (long haired older dood) sold the McDonald's and the new owner of recent has absolutely NO interest in car shows. (he MUST be crazy) Anyway, there is a older gentleman that is taking over for the car show, I forget his name and met him a week ago when I stopped over there to check out the crowd for the sign up and be invited kind of thing, 75 cars max. Now, it's open to all cars, except tuner imports from what I gather and nothing is reserved. I didn't know of anyone dying?

13 hours ago, 1991 ZR1 said:

Long haired older dood

https://www.highline-autos.com/mark-kramer-celebrates-70-years-of-ferrari/

True old school car guy, Mark passed in 2021, RIP, He owned several McDonalds and sold Pavillions before Covid

Thanks, I didn't know his name nor did I know he had passed away this year. Well, it's OPEN again, so that's all that matters for now. :thumbs

Just talked with my buddy down the street with his Daytona who went to the Pav this last weekend and talked with Larry, the new POC for the show. He did say that down the road a bit they plan on bringing back corvette row and it will north of where it used to be, closer to YCs end of lot and will bring back designated rows for other cars. They just want to get the show up and running. That is all, carry on...

Thanks for the info. They’ll probably open it up once it’s 120°.

We did a Vette cruise there once, omg it was so hot. I can’t remember what month. 
it’d be nice to have it back in the fall. Hopefully they’ll pull it together kind of like it used to be. 

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, roneva said:

Anyone going today?

We will be there at 3. I’m driving the black 77. I have no idea where im going to park since it’s changed there. 

29 minutes ago, Chameleon said:

Maybe... depends on how soon the rum is metabolized...🤣🤣🤣

It’d be nice to see you! 

23 minutes ago, 1jester said:

I might go bye later.

1 minute ago, aenigma said:

We will be there at 3. I’m driving the black 77. I have no idea where im going to park since it’s changed there. 

It’d be nice to see you! 

Anyone going today?

I’ll be there around 5:00. 

I might have to hit a drive-through car wash on the way. I’ll look for you.

German called me with his review.  Place was packed, no Corvette row.  Too much Kaos to want to park.

Hard to find a parking spot but Ifound one in second section . lots of Junk . I thought they were getting picky.

4 hours ago, roneva said:

Anyone going today?

I’ll be there around 5:00. 

We were there for a couple hours.  Ron, saw your car as we were leaving but didn't see you......saw Mo & Lonnie, the parking police didn't like the sound of the engine on her '77. :smilelol

• Haha 1

Never. Ever. Rev your engine at the pavilions. Even if you’re a middle aged woman. 😂

The matriarch of Ace meets the father of East Valley Vettes. 💗😃

40B06B0F-6FAA-4ADC-BE42-5A15ADE25E5A.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...