New to vettes need a good mechanic in Tucson

Mike McManus

Mike McManus

Hi  I  just purchased a 05 convertible with 13,000 miles. Looking for a good honest mechanic in Tucson.  I understand that the Harmonic Balancer tends to go bad. All advice appreciated.  Thanks 

• 4 months later...
On 5/30/2021 at 12:26 AM, Mike McManus said:

Hi  I  just purchased a 05 convertible with 13,000 miles. Looking for a good honest mechanic in Tucson.  I understand that the Harmonic Balancer tends to go bad. All advice appreciated.  Thanks 

If you find one, please let me know. I'm looking too.

• 1 month later...
On 10/29/2021 at 3:41 PM, mahdaeng said:

If you find one, please let me know. I'm looking too.

Tried to get my 01 in there. They told me my mileage was too high to accept it in for work. Unreal. They don't like money?

13 hours ago, Swenz said:

They were nice enough to recommend me to another shop in the area.

Care to share which shop they recommended?

I can certainly recommend AGAINST one in Tucson: Watson Chevrolet. It took me upwards of three months in and out of the shop, and over $4k, to finally get what should have been a fairly straightforward diagnosis and repair done.

I am finding that Tucson is a no go for Vette service as well. Have an appointment at O'Reilly's Chevrolet tomorrow for a trans service. We'll see how that goes.

I cringe every time I have to let anyone other than myself perform service on my cars as I have been a tech for over 40 years but retired now so no access to a lift, etc.

I don't recall who they recommended right now but in their defense I mentioned tuning. I am assuming they thought dyno tuning but I only wanted a few transmission parameters changed.

I can't blame them for not wanting to put a higher mileage car on the dyno.

I get that. I retract my first snarky comment.