A crossfire is running WHAT?!

Buccaneer

Hey All, Best time to date is 12.64 @110mph with only two injectors, 3.31 gear, 3200 TC, 383. All stock weight, NO bottle and ALL crossfire injection. I found that my tune is holding me back a bit and one other thing that I plan on changing, but I have been working on a completely new tune from scratch and my goal is 11.99, all motor and plan on checking it out if possible this winter Jan/Feb with good air and if the track here will still be open. Thanks to Mo who has given me the MOtivation to get this CF motor running better...Thanks Mo & Lonnie. :thumbs

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Desertdawg

That’s not with the factory intake manifold is it ???

Either way it’s a killer number. :thumbs  

11 hours ago, Desertdawg said:

That’s not with the factory intake manifold is it ???

Either way it’s a killer number. :thumbs  

Nope! That's with our Renegade manifold installed that we created. Runs pretty good, but I know it will go faster. If you remember Ben73 from Australia and his 84. He ran 12.23 with our manifold installed after the best time before that with a XRam was 12.54. Not bad for just a manifold swap huh? :pirate: I don't think I can catch Mo's C3, but at least I should be able to make a good showing for CFI...Represent! :thumbs

Extender32
14 hours ago, Buccaneer said:

Hey All, Best time to date is 12.64 @110mph with only two injectors, 3.31 gear, 3200 TC, 383. All stock weight, NO bottle and ALL crossfire injection. I found that my tune is holding me back a bit and one other thing that I plan on changing, but I have been working on a completely new tune from scratch and my goal is 11.99, all motor and plan on checking it out if possible this winter Jan/Feb with good air and if the track here will still be open. Thanks to Mo who has given me the MOtivation to get this CF motor running better...Thanks Mo & Lonnie. :thumbs

Put Mo in your car and I bet she'll go 11.99 without your new tune. Lol

• Haha 2

What are you sayin', Greg...I'm a FAT ASS? :smilelol

Extender32
2 hours ago, Buccaneer said:

What are you sayin', Greg...I'm a FAT ASS? :smilelol

Nope, not sayin that at all. Mo has spent a ton of time on the track over the last year. However, Mo weighs at least 100lbs less and the weight reduction should allow your car to hit the 11.99 you are looking for.  drag racing oops GIF by Don Schumacher Racing

Good one Joe! :thumbs Nope!  I'm willing to bet that Mo is WAY more than a 100lbs less than me...So now I'm a fat ass trying to go fast, great. :rolf

Desertdawg
15 hours ago, Buccaneer said:

Nope! That's with our Renegade manifold installed 

I figured it was a Renegade but had to question it. And thanks for posting Ben’s time, I knew it was low 12’s but couldn’t remember it exactly. 
It would be cool to see you beat hi time. 

I’m DYING 😂😂😂

I just saw this. 

Tom I would love to give your car a go. 😂

I can’t seem to stay away from the track these days. It’s so addicting! 
Tom it will be so cool to hang out and race. It’s just a great place to be. 
The track is running at full steam but I think it may stop soon for summer (I hope not). I think we’re doing bracket racing every couple weeks, then there’s Friday night drags. It’ll be open in December still but you should come out before then. 

Hey Mo! Thanks for the update. I'm starting over from scratch on my tune and should be much better. Too many things to change and it would be better to start over with a good base tune to work with. I think there is a possibility to get 11.99 out of it, but maybe not, it depends on a few things. Can I compete with your C3, nope, unless I run a bottle. :smilelol That isn't gonna happen. Lonnie knows what I have to do, we talked about it and I'm going to do that, the motor is gonna come apart a little...no, not a head or cam change either. Mine are fine right now.

After done and with the new tune, I guess I should try and blast it on the dyno to get an idea since I know where it is at now and will be able to see the change. Not sure if Joe would let a CF on his dyno. Can a CF spin it fast enough? :smilelol Waiting for my new WB controller to arrive, mine died and the new one went backorder...of course. :ack Blame it on COVID. LOL

• 3 weeks later...

A little CFI UPDATE:

Took the stock CFI tune that was recently created for the 82/84 that works very nice and modified it for my motor. Loaded the tune and it fired right up and idled just fine on a cold start, sounded great. I WAS pleasantly surprised how well it ran for a starter BIN. A little fat, but a already pulled 5% more out on the VE tables and will have to re-upload. I will be datalogging the new tune very soon and the BLMs should fall into line soon, then the SA and PE tables get massaged for more power. :burnoutThe new vacuum pump will be going in this week and then the datalogging begins. Also, boring out another set of TBs to 2.25" which should give me roughly 850cfm and these new injectors are at 30psi. Watch out Mo...I'm coming at you like a spider monkey on crack! :smilelol 11s, here I come!  That is all...carry on. :thumbs

• Like 3

On 6/14/2021 at 6:35 PM, Buccaneer said:

A little CFI UPDATE:

Took the stock CFI tune that was recently created for the 82/84 that works very nice and modified it for my motor. Loaded the tune and it fired right up and idled just fine on a cold start, sounded great. I WAS pleasantly surprised how well it ran for a starter BIN. A little fat, but a already pulled 5% more out on the VE tables and will have to re-upload. I will be datalogging the new tune very soon and the BLMs should fall into line soon, then the SA and PE tables get massaged for more power. :burnoutThe new vacuum pump will be going in this week and then the datalogging begins. Also, boring out another set of TBs to 2.25" which should give me roughly 850cfm and these new injectors are at 30psi. Watch out Mo...I'm coming at you like a spider monkey on crack! :smilelol 11s, here I come!  That is all...carry on. :thumbs

I cannot WAIT to see you at the drags. Lonnie and I had a blast racing eachother. He beat me hands down but it was so fun to race with someone I know.  
I must mention, Tom, though, my car has been running better and better (not really my car, but me), so I’m expecting an 11.30 on a cool night, just once before they yell at me and I start braking at the end.  
so bring it on, you better get a-practicing because you’re in for a run for your money 😂😂😂😂

BUT, bracket racing is so much fun and it takes the edge off the need for speed. I hope you decide to bracket race with me once you get it going. It’d be cool to hang out with you between racing. 
here’s Lonnies and my race. Favorite race ever. 

On 6/14/2021 at 6:35 PM, Buccaneer said:

A little CFI UPDATE:

And I have no idea what you just said about the other stuff 😂

It's all good Mo. I know I can not get to 11.30 with CFI, but with the new TBs being done at my machinists, you never know.  :burnout It's just SO damn hot to work on it right now. I got the vacuum pump installed and now have great brakes and it's real quiet. That cam was cutting things down a bit. Can't see your vid though. :(

2 hours ago, Buccaneer said:

It's all good Mo. I know I can not get to 11.30 with CFI, but with the new TBs being done at my machinists, you never know.  :burnout It's just SO damn hot to work on it right now. I got the vacuum pump installed and now have great brakes and it's real quiet. That cam was cutting things down a bit. Can't see your vid though. :(

I’ll try posting again. 

Omg it was just a dumb video of lonnie and I racing that didn’t load right on here!  

I’m more excited to get a video of Tom out there. I’ll post that when he gets going! 

You know everybody likes pics...and vids. :thumbs We ALL wanna see. Anyway, I was working our in the garage today at 104* in the garage, HOLY F*&^! Hot as hell in there. Working on my NEW TBs (cleaning them up) and getting them ready for the boring job. Here is a before and after pic. These were given to me, two sets...BONUS! I found a source for bearings vs. bronze bushings, so I will be doing the throttle shafts with sealed bearings. :party Should be a lot better, smoother and last forever kind of thing.

BEFORE

20210625_124349.jpg

AFTER

20210625_124957.jpg

German judge awards perfect 10 for pictures

deducts .2 for lack of pointing

Score = 9.8, still enough to push you into the lead :lol 

• Haha 1

Yeah know, right after I posted that, I thought...Damn! No pointing, they will deduct points. :smilelol