CORVETTE OWNERS BEWARE

Buccaneer

OK, so I'm going to assume that you have NOT checked the fuel pressure in-between both TBs on the crossover tube to ensure that it is at 13psi? CFI is VERY fuel pressure sensitive for proper operation along with TB balance. BTW, the pump could still be bad or weak to support 13psi if original.

No I haven't. I just put the fuel pump assembly back in & hooked up the vapor line. I'll attach the outgoing & return line right after I take a break!

• 2 months later...

UPDATES Rickety?

Also, if anyone wants to know... Classic Gold IS maxed out for the body shop and are turning away business, I was just there Friday and Mike said they are into Feb already. There were cars EVERYWHERE, they can't get parts to finish collision work. Also, Vintage Iron IS maxed out and scheduling for next year as well. If you don't need things done quickly, go see them and talk with Mark. I hope this helps.

• 3 months later...

So glad Bromley's never got back to me on an estimate!  I stopped in there for an estimate to get some work done on a 2001 Z06 I bought in January of this year, and based on the comments, I would've had to take a 2nd out on my mortgage...LOL!

12 hours ago, IJJM69 said:

So glad Bromley's never got back to me on an estimate!  I stopped in there for an estimate to get some work done on a 2001 Z06 I bought in January of this year, and based on the comments, I would've had to take a 2nd out on my mortgage...LOL!

Did he even put your car up on the lift or did he just walk around it and say "You need this and this...."

2 hours ago, Extender32 said:

Did he even put your car up on the lift or did he just walk around it and say "You need this and this...."

I didn't have the car with me.  I told him I wanted all the fluids changed out, paint the rear diffuser, install a MGW short throw shifter (which I ended up doing myself), install C6 Z06 shocks, and a couple of other little things.  He never got back to me.

3 hours ago, IJJM69 said:

I didn't have the car with me.  I told him I wanted all the fluids changed out, paint the rear diffuser, install a MGW short throw shifter (which I ended up doing myself), install C6 Z06 shocks, and a couple of other little things.  He never got back to me.

Lucky you.

You probably saved yourself $8K and that's on the lite side.:thumbs

4 hours ago, IJJM69 said:

He never got back to me.

Yes you are one of the lucky ones.

4 hours ago, SixAddict said:

Yes you are one of the lucky ones.

:agree Saved not only money, but drama and heartache. . .

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...