Cruise to 6th Annual Williams Historical Route 66 Car, Truck and Bike Show

Chameleon

Ray (Redhotvettte) will be going up to the car show on June 12th but not as an entrant.  This will coincide with the annual Father's Day run to Cottonwood hosted by @theChad  For those going to lunch in Cottonwood, you could continue on up to Williams afterwards. It will make for a fun full day for sure!

Car show dates:  June 11th & 12th, 2021

For info on entry application and general information on other events and lodging at the show: www.williamshistoricalroute66carshow.com. You can find this on Facebook as well.

Meet Location for cruise up: 

Saturday, June 12th

Parking lot of Denny's, 4121 W Anthem Way, Anthem, AZ 85086 ( West side of I-17 )

Meet Time: 08:00AM     Depart time: 08:15AM

Directions: I-17 to I-40 West

Take exit 163 from I-40 to Williams. From there wherever you can park.

Additional info: Ray's cousin is this years event coordinator, Diana Jones. He spoke to her about special parking for ACE for June 12th. The response is no reserve parking for any groups (at least for now) since parking will be limited and most of the parking will be on side streets for visitors. Last years event had 367 entrants and this years anticipation will be over 500 entrants. There will be plenty of good places to eat in the downtown area of Route 66 along with live entertainment. For those interested in participating there will be three categories for Corvettes by generations on both days. The car show will not be assigning spaces for groups entering the show and it will be first come, first serve and entrants will need to be checked in by 10:00AM each day and judging will start at 10:30AM to 02:30PM.  Diana will keep Ray posted if there any changes in parking since they are still having meetings  and Ray will update on any news.  

Direct any questions or PMs on this event to @Redhotvettte

Post up here if you're in!

_ELO4921.jpg.59420b68c6509e3dce944b55967b1120.jpg.c9dc95ca0dcbbc45cc98076166bdd40f.jpg

Has anyone ever attended this show? Does one need to be there both days? Is anyone heading up to this one? I may want to try and make the show. Always wanted to do this one.

Redhotvettte

I have not attended before but it's pretty well organized and the main part of Route 66 will be closed off in town for the two days. If you plan on entering you can choose either or both days. I will follow-up and see if you need to do an entry form for each day or if one entry form will suffice for both. Much more info if you go to www.williamshistoricalroute66carshow.com.     I will update when I talk to them later.  Ray

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chameleon said:

@mrhusker, please read details in first post above, this is a cruise up to the second day (June 12th) of the show. 

Details on the show itself can be seen here: https://www.williamshistoricroute66carshow.com/?m=1 

Yes, I did understand your post. I was just wondering if anyone has ever entered the show before and how it is? I understand I'll be going by myself IF I decide to go.

• Like 1

Redhotvettte

I spoke to Diana who is the Chairperson for the event this afternoon. The one time entry fee covers both days and Saturday is the day they will judging all entries. The cost now is $35.00 with a t-shirt and after May 15th it will $45.00. Friday June 11th there will be several cruise events and the Theme for Friday night is from the movie Grease including goodie bags for entrants who arrive on Friday. along with a silent auction. The website will have more details an proceeds from the car show and events will benefit  military Veterans and the  Williams VFW Post.  Hope this helps. From what I am being told  today the number of entrants for the car show is at about 45% of what they are expecting which will be over 500 entries and there two months to go.  Go to the website and click on the events heading for full schedule of events.

Awesome, thank you for doing that. I'll have a talk with the wife and see what she'd like to do.