Father's Day Cottonwood Cruise & Picnic - Saturday, June 12

theChad

The 12th Anniversary of the annual Father's Day Cruse and Picnic is again scheduled for a wonderful drive to Cottonwood.

Last year some of us stopped around the corner and grabbed a cold beer at THAT brewery. I think I'll do this again this year as well! :cheers
This is the weekend before Father's Day so everyone can still celebrate the holiday with family.

The picnic destination in Cottonwood's Garrison Park has plenty of picnic bench seating under a huge ramada, and additional shade trees for those that want a true blanket picnic.

You are required to bring your own sack lunch for a picnic.  

• There's one medium sized ramada with 6 picnic tables, a nearby restroom, and a playground.

WHEN: Saturday, June 12th (Weekend before Father's Day)

Destination: Garrison Park, Cottonwood, AZ (Picnic spot)

Route: Google Maps Link (Also see below)

Who: ACE members post up in this thread if you can make it, I'll update the 1st post with the list.

@theChad +1  (might be a couple of friends in GTR's)

@Chameleon

@SixAddict +1

@Footsam +1

@XxDoubledgexX

@aenigma +1

@Extender32 +1

@Vet 4 Vet +1

@geoWorm +1

@Blondevette +1

@roneva +1

@JacksAO

@Vette R & D +1

@HOXXOH +1

@NSTG8R +1

@Don Corvette +1

@VetteTax +1

@Randy Stone +1

@Madjam

@chris & debby +1

Logistics & Directions:

Multiple valley congregation points will form and all proceed to the McDonalds @ I-17 / Carefree Hwy for the launch point.

SOUTH / EAST Side:
AZ Mills El Pollo Loco (east side of mall) - Travel Time to McDonalds launch ~40 minutes - Suggested Departure 7:30am

North Phoenix Launch Point: Departure Time @ 8:15AM

McDonalds @ Carefree/I-17 (3140 W Carefree Hwy - Just East of I-17)

West Phoenix Launch Point: Departure Time @ 8:15AM

Greenway Crossings

(Northeast corner of Loop 303 and Greenway Road)

16572 W Greenway Rd

Surprise, AZ 85388

West / Yuma / Wickenburg:

DQ/Mobile Gas @ 93N. & Vulture Mine Rd. - Departure Time @ ~9:15AM

Pioneer Park / Prescott:

Pioneer Park bio-break pitstop at the Kayla's Hands Playgroup parking lot (on top). - Departure Time @ ~10:45am

Route: Google Maps Link

Carefree Highway (AZ-74) to Wickenburg.

AZ-89N toward Congress, up Yarnell Hill to Skull Valley - via Kirkland Valley Rd. (County RD 15). & Iron Springs Rd. (Country RD 10)

North via Williamson Valley Rd. to Pioneer Parkway

to Pioneer Park (Kayla's Hands Playground) - Departure @ 10:45

to 89A up Mingus Mountain, through Jerome, to Cottonwood's Garrison Park for the picnic.

The THAT brewery stop is literally around the corner from the park and will be after lunch and has a large parking lot.

image.thumb.png.6c75b32de33c029386a29cdca780af52.png

What to bring / extra Info:

Sack lunch & Drink

Picnic blanket, folding chair - On-site facilities provide 6 picnic tables under the ramada.

14 hours ago, Footsam said:

Cindy and David are in for driving, friendship and beer!

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATE2ZjIxLTE4MGUtNDA1MC0wMAItMDAKAEYAAAMYx%2FoJBFniR45ySE0q%2FIusBwB3b4lf67QyRb%2FbvkYkctgUAAACAQwAAAB3b4lf67QyRb%2FbvkYkctgUAAUR%2BdsDAAAAARIAEAC4TUn7drb9TpZ2NZpm9rSC&thumbnailType=2&isc=1&token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IjMwODE3OUNFNUY0QjUyRTc4QjJEQjg5NjZCQUY0RUNDMzcyN0FFRUUiLCJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJ4NXQiOiJNSUY1emw5TFV1ZUxMYmlXYTY5T3pEY25ydTQifQ.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.UimAIsLrxYOu2gXAMwkyEBPiz9gu8WzpsiBSvK35kQWz0NJAX7_JN5maI41rgPUZsoI0fSYhJpNlkjAVEqYeWkodtJxpN2zj1DOLzodAydDeAY-6ObMzHzA1-_FAQsx0biaE5A26UhcKwmLjJRZrIfzob5geR44NLHb2hE1adF7Rw8k_B7xbmYHAglb7Yt1BaIaSGYE82UCTn9l2klAASCPQgEMQ4JtegU-2AMHYDbe3BBq4MAB0ZgEa-UU-_ET-xit445RpXKckbUxVxQI90lmDNIOpFF3wnzYhrCoyAWGao9hgxkoXY3R-56x6sC3rw4DZrnrKenfZKQJoZuBKrQ&X-OWA-CANARY=OauoYYZAzUWTtSpkMfi-odAl6pMc_tgYIH1VncjjNJtDeYSuHVEF_qgpz50_a11QizSpxNxZYhA.&owa=outlook.live.com&scriptVer=20210405005.04&animation=true

:blink I'm not sure what this is (signature??), but it looks like linking your image/thumbnail is failing terribly from your email (outlook/hotmail).

I'd suggest saving the image on your desktop and uploading it into the message, then clean the file off your desktop. Or on mobile, saving to your camera roll first and attaching.

10 minutes ago, XxDoubledgexX said:

I’m in are we going to the duck fat fries bar afterwards?

Chad says we are going to the same brewery afterwards, so I'm guessing the answer is yes?  :eat:

34 minutes ago, XxDoubledgexX said:

Whoa... did THAT Brewery have duck fat fries? I must have missed those !!  Sounds delicious !!

1 hour ago, XxDoubledgexX said:

1 hour ago, Chameleon said:

Chad says we are going to the same brewery afterwards, so I'm guessing the answer is yes?  :eat:

43 minutes ago, theChad said:

Whoa... did THAT Brewery have duck fat fries? I must have missed those !!  Sounds delicious !!

If I remember correctly (Marcelo?) it wasn't inside the brewery, it was a food truck parked right adjacent to the seating area that had the duck fat fries. . .

9 minutes ago, Chameleon said:

If I remember correctly (Marcelo?) it wasn't inside the brewery, it was a food truck parked right adjacent to the seating area that had the duck fat fries. . .

OH ! That's right... there was a food truck just outside the garage doors ! I'm not sure of their schedule for food trucks, but we can hope those guys come back !

Lonnie and I are in! 

8 hours ago, XxDoubledgexX said:

ew

• Like 1

20 hours ago, XxDoubledgexX said:

12 hours ago, aenigma said:

ew

You are not required to eat the duck fat fries to accompany the group to the second stop... Just sayin' :P

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

We are driving up from Green Valley on Friday night to North Phoenix and will join at the North Phoenix launch.  We will be picking up our picnic lunch at Subway in Cottonwood.  So don't follow the Torch Red Vert with the 500 Vet plate to Garrison Park when we don't make the left turn and continue to Subway. :)

Vette R & D

Ron and Debbie are in.   This was the first event we attended with ACE .  Thanks Donna.   We try to never miss this one.

IMG_1912.JPG

Add Tom and Liz to the list. We'll probably follow the Torch Red Vert for that Subway picnic lunch option. :eat:

• Like 1

There is also a sub shop at the bottom of the hill at the intersection before the left turn to the park.  We've bought them there.