What do you think-picnic or restaurant in May?

aenigma

Hoxxoh told me to set up a cruise for next month. I hesitate about restaurants because you don’t know from one day to the next what’s going on in covid close downs/openings. 

Picnic? Or will it be too hot by May?

Cruise to Gila Bend with byo picnic to force Dawg to show up? 

anyone know of any restaurant owners who refuse to close and will be a sure thing - maybe in cave creek? 

3 hours ago, aenigma said:

Hoxxoh told me to set up a cruise for next month. I hesitate about restaurants because you don’t know from one day to the next what’s going on in covid close downs/openings. 

Picnic? Or will it be too hot by May?

anyone know of any restaurant owners who refuse to close and will be a sure thing - maybe in cave creek? 

I think Gila Bend would require reservations for the park. Why not do a picnic lunch to prescott, via the Brown Bag like we did a year ago. I'm sure the Brown Bag would deliver again.

5 minutes ago, Extender32 said:

I think Gila Bend would require reservations for the park. Why not do a picnic lunch to prescott, via the Brown Bag like we did a year ago. I'm sure the Brown Bag would deliver again.

That was the last outing before everything shut down, I can’t possibly forget that! I remember covid was brand new and we were sitting a little away from eachother. Little did we know what was coming about a week or so later. Crazy! 
that’s a really great idea BUT that’s your thing - I’d never tread on your outing so you should schedule that for May. We’ll go! 
I could always plan June and that would give us time to see if things will be open by then. 
Yes?  I could use some brown bag food. 

According to talk at the restaurant yesterday the Fathers Day cruise is on for June in Cottonwood also, just giving a heads up.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, aenigma said:

That was the last outing before everything shut down, I can’t possibly forget that! I remember covid was brand new and we were sitting a little away from eachother. Little did we know what was coming about a week or so later. Crazy! 
that’s a really great idea BUT that’s your thing - I’d never tread on your outing so you should schedule that for May. We’ll 
I could always plan June and that would give us time to see if things will be open by then. 
Yes?  I could use some brown bag food. 

If I put it together for May, it wouldn't be until the latter part of May as Julie and Me are driving my mom home to Ohio at the end of the month and we'll celebrate our birthdays together as they are are just 1 day apart. We would be home @15-17th of May. You won't be stepping on my toes if you put the run together, that's why I suggested it.

1 hour ago, SixAddict said:

According to talk at the restaurant yesterday the Fathers Day cruise is on for June in Cottonwood also, just giving a heads up.

oh that’s awesome to hear! 

Mo, there will likely be a Father's Day Cruise in June, so please leave June open.  As for May, that is great you are thinking of setting something up! Schedule what/when/where works for you... :ACE:  

18 minutes ago, Extender32 said:

If I put it together for May, it wouldn't be until the latter part of May as Julie and Me are driving my mom home to Ohio at the end of the month and we'll celebrate our birthdays together as they are are just 1 day apart. We would be home @15-17th of May. You won't be stepping on my toes if you put the run together, that's why I suggested it.

its fine. You know that run. If you schedule toward the end of the month, it’ll be all good. It’s not like there’s a ton of vacations going on. 

1 minute ago, Chameleon said:

Mo, there will likely be a Father's Day Cruise in June, so please leave June open.  As for May, that is great you are thinking of setting something up! Schedule what/when/where works for you... :ACE:  

Definitely agree. We’ll be there for Father’s Day cruise. 

Any chance of doing something other than Yarnell Hill (although my favorite) to do something a little different since we head that way in June. Maybe up through Payson or Winkelman Loop. If I am available I always prefer to do long cruises so ill be in most likely.  

I was thinking maybe a Show Low loop for lunch, but that makes a for really long day...

Winkelman loop is shorter, counter-clockwise with lunch in Globe is a possibility.

Or, a loop up Hwy 87 then back south on 188 to 60. Lunch in Jake's corner or Globe along the way.

It would be nice to launch from the east side for variety.

Just my two cents.

Letterkenny GIF by Crave

The Father's Day Cruise & Picnic will happen again June 12th.  A route adjustment via Skull Valley will be trialed this year instead of 89A through Prescott square. theGroup is getting larger and easier to lose folks trying to traverse the downtown madness.

Stay tuned for event details soon !

I like Eastern Loop idea for May also.  

• Like 1

I was thinking breakfast at La Canasta downtown Phoenix. They’ll reserve the patio for us as the owner is a corvette owner! And has hosted us before.

remember...

265CF0D4-F9E7-4BF0-B1AA-9188D65E7F95.jpeg

1 hour ago, suprone said:

I was thinking breakfast at La Canasta downtown Phoenix. They’ll reserve the patio for us as the owner is a corvette owner! And has hosted us before.

remember...

265CF0D4-F9E7-4BF0-B1AA-9188D65E7F95.jpeg

I second this motion.  I can even drive my Eff Juan Fiddy

11 hours ago, Chameleon said:

I was thinking maybe a Show Low loop for lunch, but that makes a for really long day...

Winkelman loop is shorter, counter-clockwise with lunch in Globe is a possibility.

Or, a loop up Hwy 87 then back south on 188 to 60. Lunch in Jake's corner or Globe along the way.

It would be nice to launch from the east side for variety.

Just my two cents.

The House in Show Low is great with an excellent outdoor area and the famous Donut Hamburger! Definitely a longer cruise. 

On 4/11/2021 at 12:49 PM, aenigma said:

and some of still have to work. I say this as I have to go in for another all nighter bridge replacement job again tonight..

The bank account is happy but I don’t know if I should be awake or asleep right now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheCMSH said:

I second this motion.  I can even drive my Eff Juan Fiddy

and I third this idea. That was really fun. I’ll call the restaurant the next few days and see what arrangements are like. 
it’s a winner!!  Thank you superrrrrone! 

Ok! Reserve me May 15th or the 22nd.

Details to follow.

It'll be at La Canasta for breakfast.  

Just now, suprone said:

Ok! Reserve me May 15th or the 22nd.

Details to follow.

It'll be at La Canasta for breakfast.  

Better yet, let’s vote.

Who wants when?

15th or 22nd?

Oh Jeebus.  If you leave it to this group, you'll never get a decision.  You and Mo just work it out with the restaurant, let the world come to you

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheCMSH said:

Oh Jeebus.  If you leave it to this group, you'll never get a decision.  You and Mo just work it out with the restaurant, let the world come to you

:withstupid Totally agree with TheCMSH.

The very nature of ACE means that you will NEVER get a consensus out of any portion of this group to make any kind of decisions. If you wish to host an event you must be a benevolent dictator, making all the decisions, posting it up, and then if people don't like what you're doing they are free to create their own event their way...

Once you make a decision, please create a new thread in the "ACE Events" Section so the details don't get lost in this thread.   :thankyou: