Got More Purple & Ride Stuff

Grape Ape

On 6/1/2021 at 10:58 AM, Dave64 said:

You will soon be in love with those coil overs.  The first viewed wheels would really look great.

Thanks for the vote of confidence with the coilovers and the vote on for wheels. Haven't decided just yet but leaning towards the 1st ones too.

20 hours ago, dwdrummer said:

Great job mark. Do we have any Photoshop pros that can paste those on your ride?

Thank you too. I can do a little editing and see what I can get done. Not gonna promise anything though.

Photo chopped wheels. The name of the wheels is on the top of the pictures.

207494981_PhonDSutton-LogansPicture-001-AmeicanRacingVF497-01.thumb.jpg.ebb76bc47d8d2e0e83e711918b2e1d4c.jpg

1139009589_PhonDSutton-LogansPicture-001-AmeicanRacingVF498-01.thumb.jpg.9df0fff1fb9ca9b3f513af91a95f9e32.jpg

1608972727_PhonDSutton-LogansPicture-001-AmeicanRacingVF529-01.thumb.jpg.4c7a8cd25ffcad1d6be80872f8888394.jpg

Appreciate the vote......I'll be deciding next week on which ones I go with and I'll let you all know.

I vote for ... well you figure it out, for the answer is before you!

n498wn.jpg

• Like 1

They all look good, but of those three, I'd vote for whichever ones are the easiest to clean.

• Like 1

Very cool way to cast your vote.   😄  😎👍

On 6/8/2021 at 4:53 AM, P51tj said:

I vote for ... well you figure it out, for the answer is before you!

n498wn.jpg

I agree with your logic, but logic might not win in this one.....🙄   🤔

On 6/8/2021 at 8:04 PM, HOXXOH said:

They all look good, but of those three, I'd vote for whichever ones are the easiest to clean.

Well, the new wheels are going to be on hold for a while again. They raised their prices by $12-1400 for the set. Can't justify paying over $4000 for a set of wheels. My wife would kill me if she knew I spent that much too, and I like breathing. So I'm going to keep looking and keep what I have at the moment for the foreseeable future. The prices went up on the 15th and I tried to order them on the 15th, but they wouldn't budge on the price at even though they just raised it that day. Guess they didn't want my money that bad. The look for new wheels will continue until I find a set I just can't do without. I'll let you all know if that ever happens.

Damm.......

My first set(4) of Cragar SS' was $185 back in the late 70's

• Like 1

I remember those days too. My dad had a service station so I got wheels and tires at his cost. Went through a lot of them. Can't afford to with prices like they are these days though.

Sucks on the wheels buddy…

‘I wasn’t really ready to order a pair of wheels for my car,but knew the increase was coming and ordered em anyhow….

• Like 1

Why is everybody price gouging people? Sorry to hear about your wheels mark. I would have held off too.

• Like 1

Sorry about your wheels, Mark.  That sucks.  :cuss

I don't get the price gouging either.  Supposedly inflation is "low" and has been for years, but all I see is the price of everything constantly going up. . . 

• Like 1

Everything is expensive right now, and runaway inflation is happening. I’m sure if you wait a bit, things will calm down. 
its haaaaard to wait for new car parts. 

• Like 1

DieselGuyAZ

Friend in the car biz was telling me next thing will be tire "shortage" and cost going up.  If the fuel cost isn't enough.. my baby runs gallons per mile.. LOL.. 

• 1 month later...

New purple coming soon......not saying anything more then that right now. Ohhhhhh, the anticipation and waiting is going to kill y'all, as it is me.   😉  🤣  🤫  🥴  If anybody knows anything, they obviously aren't saying anything that I know of or heard of. Stay tuned.

• 2 months later...

Haven't really had time to drive it. Car has been out of my hands and not drivable since mid July. What time I did spend with it though I found the spring rate I had was way to stiff for it. So while it is under the weather I purchased and replaced them with lighter rates. Haven't had a chance to drive it that way yet. Hopefully in a couple weeks I'll have it back home.