XM Radio

knkayotte

I've got XM free for three months with the Tahoe, gotta say I'm really disappointed. If your into rock XM doesn't hold a candle to Sirius.

Has it always been this bad or has their rock programming changed? When I was comparing Sirius and XM 3 years ago, didn't seem this bad.

Glad the Tahoe has a aux port in the front, gonna be where my new Sirius receiver is going.

I've got XM free for three months with the Tahoe, gotta say I'm really disappointed. If your into rock XM doesn't hold a candle to Sirius.

Has it always been this bad or has their rock programming changed? When I was comparing Sirius and XM 3 years ago, didn't seem this bad.

Glad the Tahoe has a aux port in the front, gonna be where my new Sirius receiver is going.

wish they had the metal station that they have ONLINE on the actual satellite radio.

Guest Steve Mulvey

I had it in my car and I think it is ok for some , but it is really expensive to subscribe and you are right that the rock stations bite... I find the free FM stations have better songs. I did like the classical selections but 12 bucks per month is too much for the number of hours I spend in my car. I am surprised that so many people pay for radio...

Guest Sidewinder

XM is in talks to buy Sirius. We got it because we were tired of those damned ABC Nissan ads and all that type crap. Luv it and the price was right, Thanx Phil.

I've had XM for several years and I haven't noticed the selections changing that much. Of course I listen mainly to 60's and 70's or Country. I too got 3 mos free with the C6. Wife got 6 mos free with the Benz. I have found that Sirrius drops out 10 times more than my aftermarket XM did. Haven't really compared with the factory unit in the C6.

My son who worked in the car audio at Circuit City said XM has two satellites to Sirrius' one and Sirrius relys more on ground repeaters. I can't verify that info but have no reason to doubt it.

I have had Sirius for about three years now. I have never had an issues with reception and I drive all over the place.

I love HARD ATTACK channel 27. Oh, and there is howard stern...

What about XM wanting to buy Sirius???? I sure hope not.

Go read the financial news, it's Sirius thats going to buy XM.... :bang

Since I live in my work truck. Sirius has kept me from going crazy... anyone ever have to sit new Yuma at 3am and try to find something to listen to on the radio :chris

Guest XLR8TNC5
Since I live in my work truck. Sirius has kept me from going crazy... anyone ever have to sit new Yuma at 3am and try to find something to listen to on the radio :chris

YEP!!!

I got a YEAR free of Sirius when we bought the Nitro this past weekend! A YEAR!!! I have had XM in the Titan and LOVED it! However, I have to admit, I like SIRIUS better! A way better selection of Rock and I love # 23, HAIR NATION!!!! lol. But one thing I noticed about it that I don't like is that it does cut out a lot more than XM and the stupid Sirius DJ's talk too too much and they do it over the intro's of the songs and that pisses me off to no end. And they talk too much between the songs. XM isn't like that at all.

I guess each has it's pros and cons and I have given Mark the XM to put in his Vette. I will enjoy the Sirius free for a year in the Nitro and then make a decision again. I have to go check out #27 now!!!! lol.

Lata all,

Guest AZ Power & Sound
I've had XM for several years and I haven't noticed the selections changing that much. Of course I listen mainly to 60's and 70's or Country. I too got 3 mos free with the C6. Wife got 6 mos free with the Benz. I have found that Sirrius drops out 10 times more than my aftermarket XM did. Haven't really compared with the factory unit in the C6.

My son who worked in the car audio at Circuit City said XM has two satellites to Sirrius' one and Sirrius relys more on ground repeaters. I can't verify that info but have no reason to doubt it.

XM has two satelites, Sirius has 3... however XM has MILLIONS of terrestrial repeaters on the ground which is why XM never cuts out unless youre on the outskirts... notice XM even works under the 7th st bridge on I10!

XM is lightyears ahead of sirius as far as signal strength and reception... I personally only liked a few sirius channels where I have about 12 I like on XM. Ive had both for a while

We got Sirius free for a year with the 300. To be honest, she only listens to CDs, and I only listen to a few free radio stations and one Led Zep CD. :bang Creatures of habit.

We've used it for weather once or twice, and I'll admit to the guilty pleasure of listening to Howard uncensored a few times, and the Hair Nation does rock! :lol But, as much of a tightwad as I am, I don't see me picking up the subscription after the year. :huh

:2cents