Insurance

nort99

Time with company must have something to do with it. We have been with State Farm for 15 years and we can't find any better. Of course we haven't tried in a year so maybe it's time to check again.

I don't know either what happened with Farmers. I started insuring through them way back in 79/80 and dropped them in 98. The insurance in NM for the same car was way cheaper for the same policy. I had one claim in that time for a bad hail storm on the hoouse and one vehicle and NO tickets. No clue other than we moved closer to Mexico I guess.

I'm not sticking up for any Insurance Co. because I think they're all rip-offs, but I called around about car and home owners insurance to all the majors and none of them could offer me a better deal than what I'm getting with Farmer's. So I'm baffled why some of us get good deals with one insurance co. and not the others? I get home owners discounts because I have their car insurance and vise versa but maybe it's because I've been with them for 10 yrs? :crazy

The company that I work for gives you a discount if you've been with the same company for more then 6 years. The people who have a new agent every year or two are typically the ones who have higher insurance. Generally speaking the reason their moving so much is to get a new company to give them insurance before an accident or major ticket comes through on reports. then once that comes through, their insurance goes up & maybe tolerate it for a year or so & move on.

As an agent, it's my duty to state that their is a more important aspect to insurance then just price. It's called VALUE. Many people stay with their agent even though they may not be the cheapest because they feel they have VALUE with that agent or company. I think most of us agree that value is more important to us then price. Otherwise instead of a Corvette forum this would be a Kia forum. Kia's are the cheapest, but not the best VALUE. Just my $.02

I am going to throw this out there and I hope you all take me up on it.

I am an Insurance Agent for on of the top Insurance and Financial Services companies. I absolutly love it!

In AZ it almost is a ripoff because the premuims are so high. But where else in the us can you drive 360 days a year topless? If you have any questions please post them. I will find you the answer even if I do not know it.

I also would love to quote some of your business. It can be Auto (duh) Home, LIFE, etc I am a full line agent.

The auto and home insurance will be just about the same for the top companies. The longer you stay with a company the harder it is to beat the price. That is how we keep you. Service is one of the most important details. The coverage will be the same (if done properly) the Premum will be nearly the same (depending on driving habits)

Here is a way to see where you stand. If your company is on the weak side please email me asap!

http://www.weissratings.com/HL_Auto.asp

http://www.weissratings.com/HL_Home.asp

http://www.weissratings.com/HL_Life.asp

http://www.weissratings.com/HL_Business.asp

I am an Insurance Agent for on of the top Insurance and Financial Services companies.

If you have any questions please post them. I will find you the answer even if I do not know it.

Ok, so why do all the stocks I buy go down???? :hat

Bad investment direction.....lol

Actually between my brother and I we know EVERYTHING.

I don't know that one but my brother does.

Any others?

I have one for you.....126 am....couldnt sleep eh?

Guest XLR8TNC5
When we purchased our ZO6 I called our insurance company to drop the Trans Am WS6 and add the ZO6. Our insurance dropped by $17 on the six month premium. I was asking the insurance agent "Are you sure you got the vin # correct??? This is a 500+ HP car compared to a 325HP car I was dropping." We went over the vin # again and it was correct! We were quite happy with that! I believe it is because of the safety features the Z has when compared to the WS6.

So Eddie, why did your insurance go up??? Any tickets or accidents we don't know about??? Come on, your the speed demon aren't ya!!

Exactly! It is because of the safety feature upgrades. I know we pay less for Mark's Z06 every month than we do for my lowly 98. lol.

I could not believe that either.

Bad investment direction.....lol

Actually between my brother and I we know EVERYTHING.

I don't know that one but my brother does.

Any others?

I have one for you.....126 am....couldnt sleep eh?

On call 24/7... My sleep schedule is pretty screwed up. I was out the night before from 130am to 4am. then back to work at 7 for a regular 8 hour shift. I'm an expert at napping!!!!

Robert and Elizabeth

After seeing what you all were paying for car insurance, I decided to do a little investigation to see if we could get a better deal elsewhere. Low and behold, we could!!!! We now are getting much better coverage for both our Denali and Z and our payments went from $154 a month to $98 a month!!! Yee haw!!!

We also found out that our home insurance coverage for replacement with Farmers was too low-ouch. Even with the increased coverage to make it adequate and the auto added on, it is still lower combined than what we were paying previously. :thumbs

Adios Farmers and Met Life....Hello Colorado Casualty (part of Liberty Mutual) :D

Has anyone been on the "weakest" list yet?

It can pay to check around.

Like I mentioned I don't mind running the numbers for anyone, esp someone who drives a vette. Just ask. I am not mentioning who I work for just to be curtious, but will tell you if your intrested.

To be honest I would be happy if everyone had CORRECT coverage no matter who they are insured with. It really hurts when an executive roll in in the Armani, with the Rolex, driving a paid for Beemer with MINIMUM COVERAGE. Beacuse it is "CHEAPER".....not in court it isn't.