Insurance

nort99

Maybe they figured you finally reached puberty or something. :lol:lol:lol

Yep I think they just now are seeing the light. I am turning the corner... Maybe it was a senior discount?

:D

Maybe they figured you finally reached puberty or something. :lol:lol:lol

Yep I think they just now are seeing the light. I am turning the corner... Maybe it was a senior discount?

:D

Prolly cause their harder to steal. :yesnod Or your agent must of thought you said Chevette. :lol

That's not fair! Mine is $18 mo more :toetap

:D Eddie, yours is BLACK. Which means it's faster. :devil Insurance companies charge more for faster cars.... :lol

My Z ended up being $400+- less than my '03 C5. It qualified as an 'exotic' car is what my agent told me. It limits my mileage, but I don't put a lot of miles on it anyway.

I wasn't about to argue. :P

That's not fair! Mine is $18 mo more :toetap

:D Eddie, yours is BLACK. Which means it's faster. :devil Insurance companies charge more for faster cars.... :lol

I think you meant to say RED. :D

Robert and Elizabeth

When we purchased our ZO6 I called our insurance company to drop the Trans Am WS6 and add the ZO6. Our insurance dropped by $17 on the six month premium. I was asking the insurance agent "Are you sure you got the vin # correct??? This is a 500+ HP car compared to a 325HP car I was dropping." We went over the vin # again and it was correct! We were quite happy with that! I believe it is because of the safety features the Z has when compared to the WS6.

So Eddie, why did your insurance go up??? Any tickets or accidents we don't know about??? Come on, your the speed demon aren't ya!!

I have not idea why it went up??? I haven't had a ticket or chargeable accident in 35 yrs. I have a "get out of jail free" card. I have Farmers and I think they're one of the few that's not going down. There was an article in the paper about a week ago on how insurance in AZ is going down 5-15%. NOT FARMERS!

I had the reverse experience than you Elizabeth. I had a 5 liter Mustang and made a deal on a new Camero a couple years ago. I called the insurance co and was told my insurance would double. I think it's just the F body cars. I was told it was because of the type of drivers each car gets. The average F body driver is 20 something and the average Vette driver is 50 something. Also the F body cars are stolen about 10 times more often.

Apples vs. oranges here, but my insurance dropped $260 a year when I took the Vette off my insurance and I added the Tahoe. Didn't make sense to me as the Vette was almost 8 years old. I figured a brand new Tahoe would of been more.

Now that I think about it, my 07 Tahoe is cheaper then my 05 Dodge I have. Must be all the safety crap.

:U Farmers.

My mother-in-law works for Farmers...she does not carry their insurance if that tells you anything.

2000 Sierra is our lowest to insure

2001 Durango is the middle

1999 Vette is the highest

But they are all within about $40 of each other on the 6 month premiums.

Robert and Elizabeth

We have Met Life and we pay about $154 a month to insure both the Denali and Z. We have great coverage too! Now, our new 6 month premium starts on Feb 1 and it did go up by $20 this year. I figure it is because of increased claims in our "zone". That is what they tell me everytime I call when our rates happen to go up for no reason. :bang

Robert and I have not had any accidents or tickets for quite some time. My last ticket was probably close to 20 years ago and I have never been in an accident. Now with Robert, he has not had an accident in probably 20 years and his last ticket was probably close to 10 years ago. :D

No insurance company can come close to what we are paying for our cars. Now, my home is insured with Farmers. We have premium coverage with a rider for personal possessions. No one can come close to what I pay for that. Even Met Life can not come close, even with the home and car discount. And of course, Farmers can not come close to what I pay for car insurance with Met Life with the home and car discount together. Go figure! :toetap

Well, if insurance rates in AZ were supposed to drop by 5-15% this year, I have not seen it either. :agree

For the vette, F150, and the wifes cars, I only pay 1625 a year. Not bad for three cars.

Guest UVETTYA

I have Farmer's for home and auto and I pay $1700 a year for the 04 Z06, a 2001 Grand Prix GTP and a 2005 KIA Sorento. The Vette alone is only $46 a month. :thumbs

Farmers.... home & auto(no one else comes close)

Per year (approx)

98 Vette = 1000

03 F150 = 800 (21 yearold)

03 F150 = 900 (18 yearold)

93 F350 = 600 (+ 97 fifthwheel)

79 CJ7 = 300

$3600

Ok who started this damn thread. :devil

I should ban someone for bringing this crap up!!!!! :banghead

Farmers.... home & auto(no one else comes close)

Per year (approx)

98 Vette = 1000

03 F150 = 800 (21 yearold)

03 F150 = 900 (18 yearold)

93 F350 = 600 (+ 97 fifthwheel)

79 CJ7 = 300

$3600

Ok who started this damn thread. :devil

I should ban someone for bringing this crap up!!!!! :banghead

OH shit, Sorry. :devil If it makes you feel any better my son use to cost me 2800 a year just for him after a few speeding tickets and wrecks while he was in college. And that was when I had him on our fleet insurance. Then he got one more ticket and they said they were going to drop my business all together because of him, at that time I was paying them around 20,000 a year. But still going to drop me... So I made him walk for six months while at college. Now he is my stock broker and CFP. :D

All you old people lucky with those low rate. :toetap

We're about $2500 a year for all three. :toetap

Not just the older people getting the good deals. I'm 33 & the insurance on my car is less then $1000 for 100/300/100 coverage.

give me a call.

insurance for my company is dependent of zip code & insurance score(claims, fico, driving record), not so much age

Jim

All you old people lucky with those low rate. :toetap

We're about $2500 a year for all three. :toetap

Not just the older people getting the good deals. I'm 33 & the insurance on my car is less then $1000 for 100/300/100 coverage.

give me a call.

insurance for my company is dependent of zip code & insurance score(claims, fico, driving record), not so much age

Jim

:agree

Well, not really, I still think it's high, but I'm at $1272 for two, if it was just one, easily under a grand.

And single :willy

I had Farmers, key word HAD. I was with them for a long time and when I moved to Arizona the insurance went up a ton overnight. I came home one day from work and the wife had our new insurance bill in her hand and asked if I really wanted to keep the vette? I saw the bill and called the insurance company and said I didn't want to repurchase the car, just insure it here in AZ. I dropped them "like a rock", no chevy pun intended. At the point of dropping them, I had no reason on my part or wife to have the insurance go up. Farmes is "almost always" higher than others. Jus my .02

Guest UVETTYA

I'm not sticking up for any Insurance Co. because I think they're all rip-offs, but I called around about car and home owners insurance to all the majors and none of them could offer me a better deal than what I'm getting with Farmer's. So I'm baffled why some of us get good deals with one insurance co. and not the others? I get home owners discounts because I have their car insurance and vise versa but maybe it's because I've been with them for 10 yrs? :crazy