Tire Recommendations Please

Guest UVETTYA

Mike,

Where's the write up on Kuhmos ????? (hey they come on it when I bought it)

I have no advice on this matter since I'm still on Run Craps. However I would suggest round ones and yes Steve they should be BLACK! :lol

Apparently GM can't figure this out. I think they put a square one on my Tahoe. Getting new tires for the dang thing hopefully tomorrow from the general (warranty).

PS1/PS2 - since running these I will never use another tire ...

Thanks Mike .. that is great info and just what I needed to know also :)

-Frank

Guest UVETTYA

Thanks everyone for your input.

A set of PS2's shipped, is about $1230. The Nittos would be about $300 less. Can you get me a deal on either? :D

what sizes?

Stock Z06 sizes are 265 X 40 X 17 front and 295 X 35 X 18 rear. If they make a 305 for the rear I'm interested.

What sizes are you running?

Guest AZ Power & Sound
Mike,

Where's the write up on Kuhmos ????? (hey they come on it when I bought it)

I havent personally used them... supposedly they have come a long way, but back in the discount days they were considered a bargin tire and only had the Supra 712s which were terrible... since then they offer the Kumho MX which is supposed to be bitchin, and they have some awesome road race tires...

but after being spoiled with pilot sports its worth the extra change to me :)

Guest AZ Power & Sound

Thanks everyone for your input.

A set of PS2's shipped, is about $1230. The Nittos would be about $300 less. Can you get me a deal on either? :D

what sizes?

Stock Z06 sizes are 265 X 40 X 17 front and 295 X 35 X 18 rear. If they make a 305 for the rear I'm interested.

What sizes are you running?

with the 18x10.5 you can run up to a 315 without ballooning too much... 305s would be a perfect fit and a 315 would give it a real aggressive look coming about 1/2 inch past the wheel... going to a 315/30/18 will take off about .3 inches of height though so make sure to have Nic adjust your car for speedo differences! When I had the 19x10 C6 wheels on my Z06 I ran 305/30/19s and they were perfect. Now on my 19x12s I run 345/30/19s on the back and on the front 18x9.5 I have 295/35/18s

Guest UVETTYA

Thanks Mike.

They don't make a 305 in an 18 and the 315's are over $400 each, plus shipping! :eek

Do you think a 295 PS2 will hook as good as a 305 Nitto DR?

Robert and Elizabeth

Hey Mike,

Robert left a message today at your business phone inquiring about Michelin PS1 or PS2 for our 07 ZO6. Can these fit on our car without changing the wheels? This car sucks with the Goodyear Eagle F1 supercar EMT tires it came with. I spin the tires halfway down the on ramp to the freeway every time I get on the gas. It keeps on spinning until I get to 3rd gear. If I hit some gravel at 20-30 mph, the rear end fish tails like mad. Can you help us find a tire that is an improvement on what we have and help us to love driving our car again????

Sorry Steve for hijacking your thread on your tires. We have owned Kumho's on our WS6 that had traction control and they were fine. Now, on our WS6 that was 450 HP, we owned Nitto NT-555R DR and they were a God send! These tires turned an untamable car into a tamed beast...literally. The Nitto DR also hold the record in the Texas Mile on a Toyota Supra with a HUGE turbo at 201.75 mph. They lasted us about 5k for mileage, but they were worth their weight in gold. :thumbs Good luck with your decision.

I havent personally used them... supposedly they have come a long way, but back in the discount days they were considered a bargin tire and only had the Supra 712s which were terrible... since then they offer the Kumho MX which is supposed to be bitchin, and they have some awesome road race tires...

Thanks Mike, so far mine have worked good....

Thanks Mike, so far mine have worked good....

I have and have used the BF Good, KDW's on multiple car as a cheaper alternative to the PS1/2. Its something else to look at. I pretty sure you can pick up some bf good 295/35/19's for $300 or less. Check on these if your not wanting to spend the coin on the PS1/2's. I love them.

Guest UVETTYA

Well, it's time to put the Z back on the road so I have to make a decision. I'm going with the Nitto 555RII Extreme in a 275 40 ZR 17. I'm just doing the fronts and leaving the Toyo T1R's on the rear for now. I still have over half the tread left and they're great tires for traction and wear. Errr... I mean, they were until the upgrades. :huh Once they go, which shouldn't be too long, I'll put Nitto 305 X 18's on the rear.

I am getting two new tires put on Wed after work. The rears on this little red thing are gone, 20,000 on them. Front still ok. Just going back with the EMT's. I don't want to have get out and try to plug a leak. When the wife is running thur the gears I don't want her to bitch cause she has a flat. That is why they have pit crews. :devil $663 without warrant and $758 with warrant.

Guest UVETTYA
I am getting two new tires put on Wed after work. The rears on this little red thing are gone, 20,000 on them. Front still ok. Just going back with the EMT's. I don't want to have get out and try to plug a leak. When the wife is running thur the gears I don't want her to bitch cause she has a flat. That is why they have pit crews. :devil $663 without warrant and $758 with warrant.

Are you talking about your older Vette? Didn't you trade it in?

Are you talking about your older Vette? Didn't you trade it in?

No my c6 :D

Guest UVETTYA

Update:

I bought a pair of Nitto R2's today for the front. 275 40 17's and my first impressions are that I like the way they feel. :thumbs We'll see how they work out March 2nd at the Winterfest DE. :devil

Guest AZ Power & Sound
Hey Mike,

Robert left a message today at your business phone inquiring about Michelin PS1 or PS2 for our 07 ZO6. Can these fit on our car without changing the wheels? This car sucks with the Goodyear Eagle F1 supercar EMT tires it came with. I spin the tires halfway down the on ramp to the freeway every time I get on the gas. It keeps on spinning until I get to 3rd gear. If I hit some gravel at 20-30 mph, the rear end fish tails like mad. Can you help us find a tire that is an improvement on what we have and help us to love driving our car again????

Sorry Steve for hijacking your thread on your tires. We have owned Kumho's on our WS6 that had traction control and they were fine. Now, on our WS6 that was 450 HP, we owned Nitto NT-555R DR and they were a God send! These tires turned an untamable car into a tamed beast...literally. The Nitto DR also hold the record in the Texas Mile on a Toyota Supra with a HUGE turbo at 201.75 mph. They lasted us about 5k for mileage, but they were worth their weight in gold. :thumbs Good luck with your decision.

Hey Robert, I was actually out sick today! I have stock size 07 Z06 wheels on my C6 and I run Michelin Pilot sport 295/35/18 in front and 345/30/19 in the rear without any issues :) Let me know if you want to stop by and see how they look! If those arent enough, Kumho has a 345/30/19 drag radial as well, but they are not very safe in wet weather.

Robert and Elizabeth

Hey Mike,

Hey Robert, I was actually out sick today! I have stock size 07 Z06 wheels on my C6 and I run Michelin Pilot sport 295/35/18 in front and 345/30/19 in the rear without any issues :) Let me know if you want to stop by and see how they look! If those arent enough, Kumho has a 345/30/19 drag radial as well, but they are not very safe in wet weather.

Wow, this is encouraging news!!!! :thumbs Are you there on Friday???? I am off work that day and can come by and take a look see. We are definitely interested-Yee Haw!!!:yesnod

Guest AZ Power & Sound

Hey Mike,

Wow, this is encouraging news!!!! :thumbs Are you there on Friday???? I am off work that day and can come by and take a look see. We are definitely interested-Yee Haw!!!:yesnod

I will be there friday from about 11 till 7

Robert and Elizabeth

Hey Mike,

I will be there friday from about 11 till 7

Thanks Mike, we will see you then! :thumbs