Pics of my 69

HCK

1 hour ago, Buccaneer said:

VERY Cool! :party Is that a BB, 4spd car?

I don’t think it’s a BB, 4spd car as I still see tread on the rear tires......:hide:

It is a gorgeous Vette though.

Oh SNAP! I just zoomed in and saw 427 on hood...nice! Sure hope it is a 4spd. That car bring s back lots of memories from HS days. Ugh! Who's shop is that?

HI all,

Thanks for the responses! The pics of all of your Vettes are envious...

Forgive my ignorance but what is BB? 

So some specs.....

Numbers Matching 427/390 - 4- speed, Rochester 4Bbl QudraJet, 308 Rear End, AC, Leather, Factory Side Pipes, AM/FM Stereo, Rear Window Defogger, Removable Rear Window, Tilt/Telescope, Transistor Ignition, Power Steering and Brakes, Manual Windows, Born Date 11/7/69. From what I understand so far with these options there were ~ 360 or so of these made in this model year.

I live in Northern Virginia and just got her from Texas a month and a half ago. The reason I joined you all here was to see if anyone knew anything about her as she is reported to be an Arizona car having been purchased by the previous owner in Tucson at a pawn shop no less. There was no tank sticker with the car so thought I would venture to see if I could find some history amongst you fine folks in AZ.

H

On 3/5/2021 at 1:04 AM, Buccaneer said:

Oh SNAP! I just zoomed in and saw 427 on hood...nice! Sure hope it is a 4spd. That car bring s back lots of memories from HS days. Ugh! Who's shop is that?

Hey Buccaneer,

That is the shop of the gentleman I purchased her from in Plano Texas. She was part of his collection, which is pretty impressive, I got lucky he had decided to "thin the heard" as he put it......

I was 9 when this car hit the streets, thought it was the coolest thing....

H

50 minutes ago, HCK said:

HI all,

Thanks for the responses! The pics of all of your Vettes are envious...

Forgive my ignorance but what is BB? 

So some specs.....

Numbers Matching 427/390 - 4- speed, Rochester 4Bbl QudraJet, 308 Rear End, AC, Leather, Factory Side Pipes, AM/FM Stereo, Rear Window Defogger, Removable Rear Window, Tilt/Telescope, Transistor Ignition, Power Steering and Brakes, Manual Windows, Born Date 11/7/69. From what I understand so far with these options there were ~ 360 or so of these made in this model year.

I live in Northern Virginia and just got her from Texas a month and a half ago. The reason I joined you all here was to see if anyone knew anything about her as she is reported to be an Arizona car having been purchased by the previous owner in Tucson at a pawn shop no less. There was no tank sticker with the car so thought I would venture to see if I could find some history amongst you fine folks in AZ.

H

BB = Big Block

2 hours ago, HCK said:

Hey Buccaneer,

That is the shop of the gentleman I purchased her from in Plano Texas. She was part of his collection, which is pretty impressive, I got lucky he had decided to "thin the heard" as he put it......

I was 9 when this car hit the streets, thought it was the coolest thing....

H

Nice! I have a special place in my past for C3s. Here is a pic of the 69 from HS days back in 71. Lots of racing in it. It was a 427, 390hp, 4spd vert. Very fast and not completely stock for back then, black Hooker side pipes, Holley. :burnoutWish I had that car now. Ugh! Sorry about the pic quality and size, I'll see if I have a better one somewhere. :thumbs

1971-pic-from-HS-69-427-4spd-vert-vette.png

48 minutes ago, Buccaneer said:

Nice! I have a special place in my past for C3s. Here is a pic of the 69 from HS days back in 71. Lots of racing in it. It was a 427, 390hp, 4spd vert. Very fast and not completely stock for back then, black Hooker side pipes, Holley. :burnoutWish I had that car now. Ugh! Sorry about the pic quality and size, I'll see if I have a better one somewhere. :thumbs

1971-pic-from-HS-69-427-4spd-vert-vette.png

Just beautiful! Love the paint. I wish I kept my other Vettes too....