GS losing it's mind

a66bbvet

I went out of town for 3 months, and left my Grand Sport on the GM Battery Charger. When I returned home the door would not unlock neither would the rear deck lid. I had to used my key to unlock the car. When the rear deck lid opened it set off the Burglar alarm, and I could not turn it off. Same thing with the Driver door. After the alarm turned off, i got in and the car started without any issue.I started the car and drove it and charged the battery. A week later I tried to get in the car and the same thing happened.  I finally took the car to my mechanic. We found the battery in the fob was very weak. The battery was replaced and everything worked great. My mechanic has the ability to reset the existing software and downloading all updates to the car's software. After resetting the software, reloading the fob software and upgrading the car's SW, the car drives like a new one.

Has anyone experienced this issue.

Mine sat for 5 months and the fob was weak.  Would start with the fob inserted into the steering column "dock" but locks would not work with fob.  New button battery and all was well.