Speed Engineering Headers

Azrsx12345

I decided to try the speed engineering long tube headers with o2 extensions and x pipe. It was a fun install and the fitment is pretty solid. I’m thinking about doing a mail order tune for right now because I have lt headers, billy boat exhaust and vararam cai. I plan on adding a cam down the road so I was going to hold off on the dyno tune until then. I won’t be driving it until the tune but I did start it up and it sounds mean. 💁🏼

39C15267-56E6-43C0-90A1-27060B8CF251.jpeg

1363F1AD-48E1-42FF-AABA-A2BD36C6E704.jpeg

CA86B295-9D42-4273-8D33-392E21719765.jpeg

8BC012C6-EB59-4219-8FB1-52B6C19776A9.jpeg

Nice upgrade. I’m running the SE headers also thru B&B Bullets, my neighbors just love me........:hide:  

17 minutes ago, Azrsx12345 said:

Thank you. Yes, it’s definitely loud but I do love the sound! 

No cats?  Do you have cut outs, by pass, or dual mode exhaust?

No cats, the long tube headers run to x pipe and then straight to the billy boat exhaust. Sending in my pcm to ECS tomorrow for tune. 

31 minutes ago, 1991 ZR1 said:

Take car to Cordes and have Nic tune, nothing against ECS

Thats where I went, and very satisfied with results, I just passed emissions again.....:lol  No Cats, and almost no mufflers with the Bullets. Also looking for Joe to drop a cam in soon too.......

Thank you for the recommendation. I used Nic D a long time ago when I had my 99 camaro SS and was happy. The only reason I’m doing a mail order tune is because I plan on doing a cam in the future, figured I could get by with this until then. The mail tune is $150 and dyno tune is around $400 if I’m correct from my research. I do understand that a dyno tune is a lot better and if I were done modding the car I would go that route. If I’m misinformed I’d love to hear some other opinions before I send my pcm out tomorrow morning. Thank you!

I believe nicD will work with you for future tuning after further upgrades. 
it’s worth the call to find out, nic is still the go to guy for a great tune. 

9 hours ago, Desertdawg said:

I believe nicD will work with you for future tuning after further upgrades. 
it’s worth the call to find out, nic is still the go to guy for a great tune. 

This is true. When talking to Joe about a cam he said there would be no charge to adjust tune for said cam since I had a tune done by Nic previously.