Welcome to ACE Doober

Chameleon

• 1 month later...

Howdy :) 

I don't frequent forums like I used to.  I actually originally made this because my dad bought an '86 back in December and we had started researching parts & whatnot for it.  I happened on a deal last week and managed to get my own, another C4 ('85).  It needs a bit of work, but I ain't scared, been working on cars since I was a teenager in the '90s.  So far for sure I'm at sending unit/fuel pump and water pump, going to do the heater core to be safe, and we'll see on the radiator.

20210403_161958.thumb.jpg.b2e26b522539066771bc305a47849055.jpg20210403_162016.thumb.jpg.a3688d4dda11c4992e6e15a5ccf7a8d4.jpg

• Like 1

So cool you're willing to bring it back to the living; keep us posted and post pictures of the progress.  We like to watch......

You'll love it... I'm sure some of you are on FB (it's how I found the group and eventually signed up on the forum here), I posted some pictures in a C4 group I'm in.  I bit off more than I expected, but I ain't skeered.

No photo description available.

Radiator out, vacuumed all the leaves and crap from the bottom panel

That's... not supposed to look like that...

Neither is that...

So that's where I am right now.  Gonna work on vacuuming the water ports, then get a bore style camera to see what I can find in the water jackets.  I'll probably rig up an external electric pump with some remote water pump adapters to do the flush after I get a fuel pump installed and the fuel system cleaned out - tank's already clean, just have to get old fuel out, new filter on and as much of the old stuff out of the lines that I can.

Somebody pass the popcorn, new guy has mad picture skills

Keep up the good work :thumbs

7 hours ago, TheCMSH said:

Agreed :thumbs, however, he must improve his pointing skillz!!! :rolf

9 hours ago, TheCMSH said:

1 hour ago, P51tj said:

Agreed :thumbs, however, he must improve his pointing skillz!!! :rolf

^^^ Timmeh, maybe you could explain that technique to the new guy...:P

OK, so for your info Mr Doober it has been a long held tradition here on ACE that when you take pictures of you Vette projects you point at the issue or the progress. See below for examples:

E1BE6A47-7EB1-4941-9577-566CFCB00A1C.jpeg.691b0bd189affad2e0e908acd3262c88.jpegpost-883-0-26235600-1401435019_thumb.jpg20180107_133327.jpg

I never really did the pointing thing personally.  I've been a part of MalibuRacing.com since before it became a forum in 2003 (back when it was still an old style message board)... I've probably posted thousands of pictures, then Photobucket had to go destroy that for all of us :P