Is This Car An ACE Member?

Grape Ape

Someone contacted me on the Corvette Forum and asked if I could look at this car for them. Just wondering if it belongs to anyone here before I send an email to them to set up an appointment. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Let me know...

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/d/mesa-1998-chevy-corvette/7266087101.html

I don't recognize the car.

It says title is box C.  That means the odometer mileage is not accurate. The car could have substantially more miles than stated.

2 hours ago, P51tj said:

Sorry don't know the car. Were those wheels offered in 98 since it is claimed to be original?

98 still had wagon wheels, those wheels are either aftermarket repros or mags off of an '01 or higher

1 hour ago, Chameleon said:

I don't recognize the car.

It says title is box C.  That means the odometer mileage is not accurate. The car could have substantially more miles than stated.

Thought same, it probably had dash cluster swapped so who really knows

22 hours ago, mrhusker said:

Someone contacted me on the Corvette Forum and asked if I could look at this car for them. Just wondering if it belongs to anyone here before I send an email to them to set up an appointment. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Let me know...

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/d/mesa-1998-chevy-corvette/7266087101.html

unless you can get a look underneath that thing to check for oil leaks, don't hang too much of your reputation on this one.  Something about that price makes me question if there are seals needed or if that thing needs a clutch soon (probably).  Both take MAJOR work, not minor

Thanks for the comments. I would be looking elsewhere myself but I'll see what it's like and let them make their own decision. The '98's did have wagon wheels for sure. The odometer would make me shy away but this person asking says it's not a deal breaker for them, could be the reason it's so cheap. If the person that owns it responds to me then I'll see how it turns out.

Well, the car was speaking to me....someone test drove it today and now the owner says it won't go into gear. I informed the person that wanted me to look at it so most likely they'll pass on it. At least that was my opinion to them. See what they say.