Welcome to ACE Azrsx12345

Chameleon

Just thought I’d say hi! I’ve been a Camaro/Corvette fan since I was a kid. I have owned a lt1 and ls1 camaro. Finally purchased a 2006 corvette base manual. It had a billy boat exhaust and I added a vararam intake and new wheels. The car has 40k miles on it and I don’t plan on going too crazy with it because I don’t want to put miles on it ha. I plan on adding LT headers and possibly a cam. I have the wonderful harmonic balancer wobble so I need to get on that asap. My name is Michael, btw, live in Arizona. 

B53A6BE8-0652-4594-B7CF-446C4E1116AE.jpeg

44253B09-2B0D-4A28-B0F9-071E91A22315.jpeg

Would love to go to some car meets and check out some corvettes. 

Do any of you have any favorite shops or recommendations? I’m not sure I want to do this harmonic balancer myself. Thanks

On 1/23/2021 at 10:58 AM, Azrsx12345 said:

Would love to go to some car meets and check out some corvettes. 

Do any of you have any favorite shops or recommendations? I’m not sure I want to do this harmonic balancer myself. Thanks

For the harmonic balancer you could PM @Azmotorhead (Phil) on this forum.  He has done a lot of work over the years for members on this forum including myself.  I have always been happy with the quality and attention to detail in his work.  He is located in the northwest valley.

Other members have used Classic Gold in Tempe with good results.  I have never had mechanical work performed by them so I have no personal knowledge, just what others have said.

Good luck with your repair!

Thank you for the reply, I appreciate it. I ordered a new harmonic balancer from summit and the arp bolt as well. I think when I had my 99 camaro I used Top Gear Motorsports for a repair but I’m not 100% certain. I think I have read some good things about Classic Gold while reading through some threads. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, I ended up replacing the harmonic balancer myself. Could not justify the price some shops were asking. I replaced the front crank seal and harmonic balancer from summit with arp bolt. It’s honestly not that bad of a job, I can see why the things online would scare people though. If anyone needs to know the parts/tools I used you can message me. No more wobble or chirp. 😊

• 2 weeks later...