Cracked C7 Rim

Vette R & D

If you have been on the web it probably won't surprise you that the C7 Grand Sport and Z06 both suffer from cracks in the Rims.  Well I had heard of this but never experienced it first hand until now.  My wheel was not experiencing air pressure lose but found cracks yesterday when I went to get new tires.   Sure enough my right rear rim of my Vette GS had 2 cracks in the rim about 4" apart on the inner lip.  Discount and I were inspecting the rims as they came of the Vette and there was no visible damage to the tire or rim.  They were the original tires with over 23,000 miles on them.

So I'm looking for a gloss Black rear rim for my GS size is a 20" x 12" wide.  If anyone know of one around let me know

IMG_1106.JPG

IMG_1300.JPG

Have read about this issue on the big forum for quite a while, seems the only cure is aftermarket forged wheels. I know that’s not what you want to hear Ron but at least you didn’t get stuck with this issue 1000 miles from home....:hide:  

Real sorry about the rim. I am no help here but would like the broken one to put on my wall.  Please everone don't hate me for asking.

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I might return it to GM,  Like the old lady throwing a tire through a window in the old Discount Tire commercials.   Just Kidding!    maybe!                 Definitely looking at aftermarket Forged Rims.