Hey Dawg - January 16th Vette cruise

aenigma

This goes right through your town. We’re going. You should meet us in Gila bend and finish the trip. 
we’re going to bring chairs and some food. A couple others are too I think. 

9962392F-8D16-4148-A370-B0C83CBC1FB2.png

Thanks for the heads up Mo. I maybe joining you all. 

I actually had the Vette out today for about two hours, first time in several weeks, not sure why.......

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, JohnU said:

They'll be a few Vettes and a lot of cars out at Bashas (store closed) tomorrow (Friday) 3-7pm Main Street & Signal Butte.  Bring a chair.

http://evcaz.club/

Some of us work.  Grrrr 

that sounds cool. If it was later, we probably would’ve come. 

1 hour ago, SixAddict said:

Thanks for the heads up Mo. I maybe joining you all. 

I actually had the Vette out today for about two hours, first time in several weeks, not sure why.......

Awesome! 

So is this an exclusive to the "East Valley Corvettes" on that book of faces thing or just an announcement of some non-ACE event that is of interest to the run-of-the-mill Corvette people?

Just now, HOXXOH said:

So is this an exclusive to the "East Valley Corvettes" on that book of faces thing or just an announcement of some non-ACE event that is of interest to the run-of-the-mill Corvette people?

There are ace members in that group. They seem like a good group. They plan a lot of stuff. I haven’t done anything with them due to covid, but since we can end up at a park for lunch, I figured it’d be safe.  

Does this mean Joyce and I could tag along? Is the park at the dam and roughly what time should I arrive if I was coming directly from the West side?

We miss you and Lonnie. It seems like it's been years. 

33 minutes ago, aenigma said:

Some of us work.  Grrrr 

that sounds cool. If it was later, we probably would’ve come. 

Work?  It's work being retired!

• Haha 1

We are working hard at avoiding humanity...still..

COVID is making the rounds here in Gila.

just be aware that the park at the damn consists of several parking spots and then dirt, the pavilion isn’t much...

also watch for flying rocks on the road there. It’s mostly farmland and not a major tourist route...

it is a very cool very narrow bridge with almost no traffic, some careful planning will

get you some cool car pictures parked in the middle...

493A656E-509D-4F52-91E4-F786F77A5039.thumb.jpeg.2051ce53ab225fa9d7e99b37d5bacd29.jpeg

that sounds neat. 

We aren’t letting anyone near us either. This is all too scary. 

8 hours ago, HOXXOH said:

Does this mean Joyce and I could tag along? Is the park at the dam and roughly what time should I arrive if I was coming directly from the West side?

We miss you and Lonnie. It seems like it's been years. 

DEFINITELY!!!

would you be planning on meeting at wildhorse? 
im not sure about the park at the dam but we can always pick our own place to park. I’m sure the person setting this up is picking a good place. 
WE MISS you too. 

25 minutes ago, aenigma said:

DEFINITELY!!!

would you be planning on meeting at wildhorse? 
im not sure about the park at the dam but we can always pick our own place to park. I’m sure the person setting this up is picking a good place. 
WE MISS you too. 

I don't do that facebook stuff, so could you check with whoever you know in that East side club and get some estimated times when they plan to arrive at the MacDonalds In Gila Bend and at the bridge/dam. I'm just trying to avoid getting up before daylight to take an hour drive from the NW side to the SE side then another hour SW plus a 1/2 hour N to the bridge/dam, when my direct route is 45 minutes S and I'd be awake by then. Even meeting up at Mickey-D's could mean my eyes were fully opened.

Looking forward to seeing you and meeting some new Vette people too.

I have done a couple of trips with the East Valley group, they are good people! I plan on making this trip as well, so scratch the good people part! :LolLol:

• Haha 1

On 1/8/2021 at 8:58 AM, HOXXOH said:

I don't do that facebook stuff, so could you check with whoever you know in that East side club and get some estimated times when they plan to arrive at the MacDonalds In Gila Bend and at the bridge/dam. I'm just trying to avoid getting up before daylight to take an hour drive from the NW side to the SE side then another hour SW plus a 1/2 hour N to the bridge/dam, when my direct route is 45 minutes S and I'd be awake by then. Even meeting up at Mickey-D's could mean my eyes were fully opened.

Looking forward to seeing you and meeting some new Vette people too.

I just sent them a message. I’ll let you know what I hear back. I have nothing but time all of a sudden after laying down my dirt bike this morning. Grrrrr

0A937021-A4E3-4903-9CB0-C9FE130E3A11.jpeg

43 minutes ago, Footsam said:

I have done a couple of trips with the East Valley group, they are good people! I plan on making this trip as well, so scratch the good people part! :LolLol:

can’t wait to see you guys again! 

On 1/9/2021 at 7:10 PM, aenigma said:

Hoxxoh, he said we should be at the McDonald’s around 9:30 or so. 

Mmmm  Apple Fritter or Cinnamon Roll? :eat:  Or maybe Apple Pie to go with the Chocolate Chip Cookies and Coffee.  :ED:  So many choices. I better arrive early. 

Thanks. :flag