NCM 1st Visit

Grape Ape

Went to Tennessee to visit our daughter and her family a couple weeks ago. Found out she lives only a little over an hour away from Bowling Green, Kentucky. So I had her take us to the Corvette Museum and also got to meet up with a fellow Corvette Forum member that lives close to my daughters house too. Had a great time and we'll be going back again for sure. 

This video is of our 1st ever visit to the museum. It's about 30 minutes long so view whatever parts you want.

• Like 1

Great video, watched the whole thing......

I started riding my motorcycle to school at 14 (legal age in Texas to get a motorcycle license) gas was 45 to 50 cents a gallon then. How old are you to remember 25 cents a gallon ?

• Like 1

On 12/26/2020 at 11:52 PM, Desertdawg said:

How old are you to remember 25 cents a gallon ?

I think region of the country makes a difference with remembered gas prices. I remember $0.21 a gallon here at the Giant Station at 35th Avenue and Glendale, and that was in 1972.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Chameleon said:

I think region of the country makes a difference .

yeah, I didn’t think of that. 👍

On 12/28/2020 at 8:39 AM, Chameleon said:

I think region of the country makes a difference with remembered gas prices. I remember $0.21 a gallon here at the Giant Station at 35th Avenue and Glendale, and that was in 1972.

Yes, I may be a little older than some of you, but I remember driving thru the South in the 50's and gas would be 17-19 cents per gallon.  Yes, they had cars back then!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, roneva said:

Yes, they had cars back then!

It must have been tuff having to drive around all the dinosaur poop ......

I was a pretty young lad and in grade school so I'm pretty sure to young to drive. I didn't buy any gas then. My dad owned a service station pretty much the whole time I grew up. I may have been mistaken with the 25 cents but I'm pretty sure the prices I can recall were in the 30ish cent range. Thanks for all the comments, I actually forgot to look for the ACE brick, I think I was just to excited to actually be there. My daughter will be in Tennessee for quite a while so I will be going again for sure someday.

So I can sleep tonight, I checked the gas price history and found out I was correct & Desertdawg is also. I was born in '61 and the gas prices were always in the 30 cent range until 1973. So you were also correct in questioning me remembering 25 cents, no way I could have. Now I can sleep tonight....😆 

20201229_225328.thumb.jpg.8715ae69073aa3a238982a7742150fd2.jpg

I got my license in 1972 and had a 6 cylinder Nova (pictured in it's graduation colors).  I remember when gas jumped to like 75 cents and I was thinking the world was over! 

Duecer.jpg

• Upvote 1

I started riding one the street in 78.
Spent a few years riding in the dirt before that, Dad would bring home cans of gas for us to use. 

Growing up in Tucson, I remember two gas stations across the street from each other having gas price wars occasionally.

Regular prices were 27-29 cents per gallon. War prices reached a low of 17 cents per gallon.

This included attendant pumping the gas, checking the oil, washing the windshield, and some sort of giveaway (S&H Green stamps, dishes, cups, company logo items, etc.) if you filled your tank.

OK, I'm old. But other than a price war in Phx that got down to $.22, I don't remember anything below a quarter. Maybe it's because I just plain can't remember back that far.

I have the WWII gas ration stamp books my parents had in 1942. There were no prices in them. All the stamps in my book had been used up, but mom and dad still had a few stamps left. They were probably glad I was born by then, so they qualified for a third stamp book.