82 Crossfire Surging and stalling after warm up

Tom

My 82 crossfire injection starts up fine, but after warm up will start surging and stalls eventually.  Also if I give it throttle, it will rev and then surge back down, and do this continually while I hold the throttle.  Any hel will be appreciated.

Do you have a CEL come ON at all? If not, it sounds like you have a large vacuum leak. Check the top plate and TB mount gaskets first. Where are you located?

On 12/13/2020 at 8:18 PM, Buccaneer said:

Do you have a CEL come ON at all? If not, it sounds like you have a large vacuum leak. Check the top plate and TB mount gaskets first. Where are you located?

Yes, The CEL light is on with code 22 and 33. Im thinking I might have a bad TPS but hate to start changing parts for no reason.

OK, 22 is the TPS and 33 is the MAP sensor. Was 22 the first code that popped up? If so, start there first. TPS needs to be set at .525v, Engine OFF, key ON. The closer to that value the better. Also, check to ensure that the sensor has a smooth reading in voltage as you move the wiper arm. If it jumps all over or goes OPEN at at any point, replace it with an AC Delco TPS sensor and start over. It is very important to get the TPS setting correct since it tells the ECM where idle is in relation to the throttle blades. If you ever try and balance the TBs, you MUST reset the TPS sensor to .525v.

On the MAP 33 code, just follow the diagnostics chart in the 82 GM service manual, it is very good. Hope this helps and are you in the east valley?