I miss you all

aenigma

I miss racing Chameleon on the long stretches, I miss listening to car talk with Hoxxoh and Mrs Hoxxoh, I miss hearing bad and good car stories from Extender and Julie, I miss being scared while cliff driving but racing around the curves anyway, I miss spending the night in a haunted hotel and waking up to 300 vettes parked outside, I miss getting my dose of car talk during lunch.   
we’ve tried to fill the void with jet skis and now dirt bikes. 😂 They don’t compare to driving windy empty roads with a long line of vettes. 
I can’t wait until normal comes back. I hope you all are doing well and healthy. If we don’t die of some crazy thing we’re doing, I look forward to seeing you again hopefully soon. 

what’s everyone else doing to pass the time? I’d love to hear your lives this year. 

• Like 1

We have been doing a lot of couch time with Netflix. We make monthly trips to Sierra Vista to see grandkids. We also have five grandkids here in the Phx area. Kim and I volunteer at the USO in  Sky Harbor since they reopened a couple months ago.  We hope to travel when this is over. 

• Like 1

We got our son a dirt bike this year for his 11th birthday, and I bought a YZ450f. This is my first dirt bike and so far it has been extremely fun, nothing quite like two wheels. Have you found any good spots to ride?

26 minutes ago, 94transamgt said:

We got our son a dirt bike this year for his 11th birthday, and I bought a YZ450f. This is my first dirt bike and so far it has been extremely fun, nothing quite like two wheels. Have you found any good spots to ride?

well that’s embarrassing. I’m so paranoid because I haven’t had a motorcycle in 30 years so I’m starting on a 125  😂.  Also I’m 5’2” so feel more comfortable touching the ground.  I told lonnie I’m going to be riding around with kids and wait until I take off my helmet and they realize I’m a mother. 😂😂

Lonnie has a ktm 250 and he’s chomping at the bit for mine to come in. He’s a seasoned rider but quit right before he met me. Well he quit after a bad jump and helicopter ride. He has promised no more jumps when we get out there. 

Mine was hard to find so I’m waiting for it to ship. Should be next week. 

Lonnies been looking for trails and he found a few. I’ll let you know once we get out there. 
any recommendations? Have you found anything fun? 

35 minutes ago, Eddie44 said:

We have been doing a lot of couch time with Netflix. We make monthly trips to Sierra Vista to see grandkids. We also have five grandkids here in the Phx area. Kim and I volunteer at the USO in  Sky Harbor since they reopened a couple months ago.  We hope to travel when this is over. 

us too. We are scraping the bottom of the barrel with Netflix. Getting ready to start watching dubbed movies, now that’s desperate. 

19 minutes ago, JohnU said:

Have you seen the series Yellowstone?   👍

One of the most awesome series yet!  Yep! 

Life is fairly normal for Julie and me.  We took my sister and brother-in-law tp Prescott for a Brow Bag Burg last week and made a detour to Jerome and Cottonwood.

1 hour ago, aenigma said:

well that’s embarrassing. I’m so paranoid because I haven’t had a motorcycle in 30 years so I’m starting on a 125  😂.  Also I’m 5’2” so feel more comfortable touching the ground.  I told lonnie I’m going to be riding around with kids and wait until I take off my helmet and they realize I’m a mother. 😂😂

Lonnie has a ktm 250 and he’s chomping at the bit for mine to come in. He’s a seasoned rider but quit right before he met me. Well he quit after a bad jump and helicopter ride. He has promised no more jumps when we get out there. 

Mine was hard to find so I’m waiting for it to ship. Should be next week. 

Lonnies been looking for trails and he found a few. I’ll let you know once we get out there. 

Not embarrassing at all, my sons little 110 has lots of torque. I rode daily drove rockets for 5 years before I got my vette (see pic below), and I'll be the first to admit that tis 450 is over kill. We do most of our riding by sycamore creek across from Mt. Ord. Up until recent it was one of the only places close that was open, but they just reopened the Butcher Jones area, but it's only accessable through Four Peaks as of Monday. I like Bulldog canyon for offroading in the Jeep, but I feel it's too busy for my son to ride so we haven't gone yet. 

dN0F2_d.jpg

20 minutes ago, 94transamgt said:

Not embarrassing at all, my sons little 110 has lots of torque. I rode daily drove rockets for 5 years before I got my vette (see pic below), and I'll be the first to admit that tis 450 is over kill. We do most of our riding by sycamore creek across from Mt. Ord. Up until recent it was one of the only places close that was open, but they just reopened the Butcher Jones area, but it's only accessable through Four Peaks as of Monday. I like Bulldog canyon for offroading in the Jeep, but I feel it's too busy for my son to ride so we haven't gone yet. 

dN0F2_d.jpg

Lonnie had mentioned butcher jones, we go shooting at sycamore creek so a little apprehensive about riding around there.  That is one beautiful bike!!!! 
Lonnies wreck was on a 450 so he got a 250 to slow it down a bit. 450 is a lot of power from what I hear. 

3 hours ago, aenigma said:

Lonnie had mentioned butcher jones, we go shooting at sycamore creek so a little apprehensive about riding around there.  That is one beautiful bike!!!! 
Lonnies wreck was on a 450 so he got a 250 to slow it down a bit. 450 is a lot of power from what I hear. 

I 100% agree about Sycamore creek across from Bush hwy, I don't like to wheel or shoot there. We go to the area across from Mt. Ord, very different area with the dirt bikes. I usually shoot out near Four Peaks, but only when it low traffic times. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, aenigma said:

I’m so paranoid because I haven’t had a motorcycle in 30 years so I’m starting on a 125  😂.  

Good for you pursuing active things you love!  Nothing to be embarrassed about a 125.  That was my chosen size of dirt bike all the years I rode dirt.  It was a little short for me (my legs are long) but the size meant I could do what ever I wanted with it successfully without ever having to fight the bike size or weight for control.  I think you will have a blast on it!

I miss everyone and our cruises and get-togethers, although I have made it to a couple of geezer lunches.  Hoping this crap settles down soon!   I was exposed to an active COVID case about a month ago so I spent 14 days in quarantine bored out of my mind.  Didn't get sick so that was a good thing.  I have kept busy riding my street bikes, and my current project of changing up the appearance of my Vette.  New splitter and lights going on soon, then the exterior will be mostly done except for paint correction and a new clear bra.  Starting on the interior, have some new door sills and plates on order.  Aside from that, lots of reading, movie watching, jigsaw puzzles and I've learned to play cribbage (my first real step down the path to becoming a curmudgeon).  :lol

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, aenigma said:

All Trails App on iPhone lists a lot of trails and has them listed by difficulty. Put in an area and it will list all the trails. I don't use the paid version and it works fine. Not sure but guessing that Android would have it as well. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Chameleon said:

Good for you pursuing active things you love!  Nothing to be embarrassed about a 125.  That was my chosen size of dirt bike all the years I rode dirt.  It was a little short for me (my legs are long) but the size meant I could do what ever I wanted with it successfully without ever having to fight the bike size or weight for control.  I think you will have a blast on it!

I miss everyone and our cruises and get-togethers, although I have made it to a couple of geezer lunches.  Hoping this crap settles down soon!   I was exposed to an active COVID case about a month ago so I spent 14 days in quarantine bored out of my mind.  Didn't get sick so that was a good thing.  I have kept busy riding my street bikes, and my current project of changing up the appearance of my Vette.  New splitter and lights going on soon, then the exterior will be mostly done except for paint correction and a new clear bra.  Starting on the interior, have some new door sills and plates on order.  Aside from that, lots of reading, movie watching, jigsaw puzzles and I've learned to play cribbage (my first real step down the path to becoming a curmudgeon).  :lol

oh bless you. If YOU rode a 125, then I  am going to hold my head up high on mine. I aspire to be as cool as you. 💗

You’re the coolest lady I know. 

That’s exactly why I got the 125 as your reasons, I don’t want to fight the bike for control. I want to enjoy it. Now I feel better about the choice. Thank you. 
I’m totally looking forward to seeing your upgrades. I love the splitter look, it makes the vettes look bulkier which is a great look for such a tough car. 
At least pictures would be good for now when you’re done. 

OMG, my head is so fat now I can't get into my Vette!  :smilelol Seriously, thanks for the kind words. My thought was always that I was riding for my best enjoyment, I made choices accordingly, and the approval of others was not needed. :thumbs

I will post up pics when the new splitter and lights are on...

On 12/4/2020 at 1:05 PM, 94transamgt said:

dN0F2_d.jpg

I can’t stop looking at that beautiful motorcycle. 

• Like 1

We have been working.

other than that we changed out the kitchen counter top (again) and I’ve been trying to shine up the 5th wheel again. Trying to stay away from humanity because it sucks. 

ive ridden just about everything you can think of off road when I was a kid, the biggest was a kz900 (yeah all it did was spin the tire). We repaired wrecked bikes for a hobby so our backyard looked like a used dealership. My last personal bike was a XT550 and it was a blast until I ripped my knee apart on it, since then I’ve had to be a dad and husband. 

• Like 1

Man I miss dirt bikes....did it for quite a long time way back when. My body just won't heal as quick as it did then so that's my reason for giving it up. Best of luck with yours and have fun.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2020 at 5:00 PM, mrhusker said:

My body just won't heal as quick as it did then so that's my reason for giving it up.

Agree!

I've sold 3 of my 4 cycles......  1 every summer goes away. Next summer I need to send my restoration to a new caretaker.....   

IMGP2996.JPG

• Thanks 1