Kinda Sad Day

Dave64

THAT day finally arrived! The day I sold my '02 Corvette coupe, which has been with me for over 13 years🥺. It had to go to help finance the 2020 Accelerate Yellow coupe.

IMG_20201004_085050.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, if you have to sell it to upgrade it’s kinda not a bad thing. 
I miss my first 2 but his one is pretty damn awesome. 

• 2 weeks later...

Always sad to see em go,but I’m sure the new one will be a very suitable replacement for many more miles and smiles to come!

I am really excited! Unfortunately, my TPW is now 11/16, so after Thanksgiving before I head to the Museum to pick her up.

I gotta be honest I was a little worried when I saw the title, the 64 is a freaking awesome car. I never saw the c5, but sounds like a cool upgrade to the C8. 

3 hours ago, JohnU said:

Exciting!  

You taking an Enterprise rental from Nashville?

Yes, as I understand they have a return agreement with the Museum.

2 hours ago, 94transamgt said:

I gotta be honest I was a little worried when I saw the title, the 64 is a freaking awesome car. I never saw the c5, but sounds like a cool upgrade to the C8. 

Thanks. I appreciate that. I had the C5 for a long time, so it was a bit hard to see it go, though it didn't go far, as my brother bought it.

9 hours ago, Dave64 said:

Thanks. I appreciate that. I had the C5 for a long time, so it was a bit hard to see it go, though it didn't go far, as my brother bought it.

:thumbs

9 hours ago, Dave64 said:

Yes, as I understand they have a return agreement with the Museum.

Yup, they have an area to park and toss the keys to your "guide" (knowledgeable, long time, retired plant employees who love & own Corvettes) who will accompany you thru the museum tour and delivery (it's a shame covid stopped the plant tour).  

I stopped in the museum the afternoon before my morning delivery and caught mine just being placed!  Great memories, they do deliveries better then any dealer could hope to do.  They'll pair up your cell phones, put your address in the navigation.... walk you thru the car thoroughly.

Don't forget to have your friends watch and record your delivery thru the museum web camera.  Each car has a web camera on it.  https://www.corvettemuseum.org/explore/web-cams/

IMG_4758.JPG

IMG_4768.JPG

sparky5.jpg

22 hours ago, Dave64 said:

That's awesome, congrats to him as well.

• 3 weeks later...