December 11, Track night CANCELLED

aenigma

7 hours ago, Buccaneer said:

I say bring it out Mark. I need a C5 to beat up on and make my CF look fast. :burnoutDoh!

Haha, yeah you'd have fun doing that. If you gave me a 2 second start I'd consider it...😁

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Chameleon said:

So...I am confused. The WHP website says the Friday night drags have been canceled for the rest of 2020?  

https://racewildhorse.com/

oh crap. I forgot to cancel this right away. Yes, last week I think they cancelled everything. 

I guess they need to update their site event schedule as well since they show Nov 14th open and a note on top of page saying they are closed. :wtf: They even moved the Nationals back to Apr also.

It appears that the tribe leaders are trying to close down WHPMP by eliminating events. Except for the NHRA National's, that is a huge profit event, they would have closed it back in 2013. At that time, the requirement by NHRA to continue a racing schedule and repave the track, forced them to comply or lose that income. Of course, that didn't stop them from doubling the prices to play. I'm guessing they'll use the virus as their excuse to avoid operation until NHRA bails out. Did you notice that the NHRA Nationals are listed as "Tentative" for April 23, 2021? It sounds like a contract has not been approved/signed yet, even though NHRA includes them on their schedule released yesterday.

I'm not even going to express my opinions of the politics involved.

2 hours ago, Buccaneer said:

I guess they need to update their site event schedule as well since they show Nov 14th open and a note on top of page saying they are closed. :wtf: They even moved the Nationals back to Apr also.

nov 14 is open because the sponsor is willing to pay a stupid amount to keep that one event open. 
the Friday night drags are not sponsored so they’re closed. 

2 hours ago, HOXXOH said:

It appears that the tribe leaders are trying to close down WHPMP by eliminating events. Except for the NHRA National's, that is a huge profit event, they would have closed it back in 2013. At that time, the requirement by NHRA to continue a racing schedule and repave the track, forced them to comply or lose that income. Of course, that didn't stop them from doubling the prices to play. I'm guessing they'll use the virus as their excuse to avoid operation until NHRA bails out. Did you notice that the NHRA Nationals are listed as "Tentative" for April 23, 2021? It sounds like a contract has not been approved/signed yet, even though NHRA includes them on their schedule released yesterday.

I'm not even going to express my opinions of the politics involved.

from what I’ve heard, the track is a money loser for the tribe so they will take any reason to cancel events. 

7 hours ago, aenigma said:

from what I’ve heard, the track is a money loser for the tribe so they will take any reason to cancel events. 

How is it possible that the track is losing money when it is packed with racers and the price has gone up for a while now? The only way I see them losing cash is by closing it down and in Jan 2021 we will see if the country closes down again, if that happens say goodbye to a lot of things since the country can't stand another full lock down without real bad economic issues IMO, but we shall see. Hang on kids, it may be a bumpy ride next year.