Socially Distanced Car Show 9-12-2020

HarleyPat

This was on our FB page and thought it should be here!  Been a long time since any of us have been to a show. Let's do this! 😀😷

Socially Distanced Car Show - Saturday, September 12, 2020 - Red Mountain Park, Mesa, AZ
All makes, models, and eras of show vehicles are welcome!
Where: Red Mountain Park, 7745 E Brown Rd, Mesa, AZ 85207 (east parking lot, see satellite image in event)
When: Saturday, September 12, 2020 (or rain day Saturday, September 19, 2020), Morning (8:00 am – 11:00 am)
Who: EVERYONE is welcome to bring all makes, models, and eras of cars, trucks, and motorcycles
Here's a video of the August, 2020, Socially Distanced Car Show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T-RSH-sREU
Considerations: Masks when closer than 6' (2m) from others and abundant space 10' - 16' (3-5m) between vehicles to allow for people movement.
The intent of the Socially Distanced Car Show is to allow area automotive enthusiasts opportunity to show and checkout a wide variety of cars, motorcycles, and trucks while also being respectful of other people's personal space, especially during this time.
There is a way for us to do a responsible socially distanced neighborhood car show, with cars/trucks/motorcycles parked 3 – 5 meters (10’ – 16’) apart and all attendees respecting 2 meter distancing and face masks when closer than 2 meters from each other.
Enjoy all makes, models, and eras of cars, trucks, and motorcycles while also being respectful of other people's personal space and following CDC guidelines.
This idea for a Socially Distanced Car Show may become a monthly thing, or maybe it will be just an occasional or seasonal thing. If you want it to be successful, then please attend as an exhibitor and/or spectator.
All vehicles are to be parked spaciously apart so people can walk full-circle around the vehicles on exhibit and give each other personal space while respecting the cars and owners.
If you have something cool to show, then bring it!

14 hours ago, Chameleon said:

Sounds fun! 

Who's in...?

YOU NEED TO GO BECAUSE I’M GOING AND I MISS YOU. 

Not going. I will not wear a mask outside because they don't work outside! They wanted me to wear a mask when I was on the elliptical machine at the gym today, so I left. No one was within 20 feet of me. I refuse to participate in the Marxist way of life!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This thread is intended to encourage member participation in a car event. 

We all have opinions regarding the ongoing COVID situation and mask mandates, which is a very divisive topic. 

The ACE Forum should not be used as a platform for discussion of COVID or associated restrictions.

If this thread devolves into a debate about masks, this thread will be locked.  

ACE Admins thank all ACEholes for their cooperation.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, mrhusker said:

I’ll have to see if I can have my car ready in time. Needs cleaning and a new battery.

Not to worry Mark, just throw a battery in and your good to go. I figure by the time I drive an hour to get there my car is going to be all kinds of dusty and dirty, especially from the 101....

From last months video it didn’t look to crowded for sure, hope we can add to their numbers. 

See everyone there. :ACE:  :burnout

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SixAddict said:

Not to worry Mark, just throw a battery in and your good to go. I figure by the time I drive an hour to get there my car is going to be all kinds of dusty and dirty, especially from the 101....

From last months video it didn’t look to crowded for sure, hope we can add to their numbers. 

See everyone there. :ACE:  :burnout

I second that. Mark you have a hose and dish detergent. Get to it!  I’m bringing my new baby. Washing it tonight. 

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, aenigma said:

I’m bringing my new baby. Washing it tonight. 

Wait....What...you have a new baby???    

3 hours ago, aenigma said:

I second that. Mark you have a hose and dish detergent. Get to it!  I’m bringing my new baby. Washing it tonight. 

Or just use the window scrubby at the gas station :)

4 hours ago, SixAddict said:

Wait....What...you have a new baby???    

yes. A black beautiful new baby except he’s only 10 years younger than me. Hmmm a riddle. 😂

It won't be completely show clean but I'll do my best to have it presentable. I have a case of detail spray and green scotch brite pads....shouldn't take to long.

Be good to get out for a while and see some of you all.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SixAddict said:

F4594518-F1BA-42D3-BFAF-4CF2DC785C8F.png.85365d50f67610cffbe9116e6cd6dabd.png          

Your C3? We know this baby. But......there’s another? 

haha that’s HIM! 

1 hour ago, mrhusker said:

It won't be completely show clean but I'll do my best to have it presentable. I have a case of detail spray and green scotch brite pads....shouldn't take to long.

Be good to get out for a while and see some of you all.

picture of you using scotch brite pads of it didn’t happen. 

• Haha 1

Mark and Ron...you both need to be there...miss you guys!  Fist bumps all the way around!

:cheers

Cars all ready to go. Scratch brite didn't work to well except on the bugs.....🤔 No pictures of it because we all know IT DIDN'T HAPPEN...😉

What time is y'all going to be there? Right at 8? Darci has a hard time moving that early but I'll do my best to be around that time.