Welcome Pusher

Desertdawg

Hello Mitchell :howdy

Welcome to ACE!!!

Your now a part of our growing Tucson membership

Please post a picture of your white 1982 Corvette for us to see.

Howdy from Avondale! :howdy I looks like Dewey is at work again with those biz cards. Dewey ...Southern Regional ACE Recruiter

Howdy from Avondale! :howdy I looks like Dewey is at work again with those biz cards. Dewey ...Southern Regional ACE Recruiter

Actually, I found him in C3 Gen, but hey...ACE-OP!!!

Guest Pusher

Thanks everyone,

Short history, I bought my first Vette ('76) when I was 16. My first car, a Corvette, every kids dream. Mine had just over 100K on the odometer, the L-48 was weak and she was no race car but I loved it!

I've had too many since then to remember (I think this one is number 30?), I think I'm going to keep this one for a while. It's a '82 low mile one owner car from So. Cal. The way I got the car is a long story but I'll give you the short version. I flew out to Cal. to look at the car, came back home to think about it for a couple days. I then decided to buy it, called the lady only to find she had already sold it :banghead . Man I was so upset, I'd been looking for months and flew to several states looking. Anyways I got up to a ring at the doorbell and it was a transport company with the Vette :thumbs . My wife took her father with her and flew out to Cal. and bought the car and had it shipped as a surprise!!!

So not only is it a great car, it holds some sentimental value as well.

Thanks for all the welcomes and hope to meet some of you guys and gals.....

post-504-1167693613.jpg

Mitchell...

Wow! Great story, and really big kudo's to your wife and father inlaw.... :thumbs

Now if your wife decides to offer a class on how to do nice things like this let me know, I'll sign mine up right away.... :hat

*nice* ..

..tells wife 'Don't you EVER do that to me!'

(man, I'd jest buy another one, .. then the 'present' would arrive .. and I'd have two .. er .. wait .. 'ok honey, if you ever get the urge, go right ahead!')

-Frank :D