Nice day for a tow

aenigma

Tow companies must have nothing to do, they showed up on time for the first time ever.  He ran over something on the freeway.  

36E6854E-008D-441A-9240-7930B2BC38D6.jpeg

88E6601C-B3B1-4671-B529-9C4F702F2544.jpeg

Holee curb shot!  was this from some high horsepower play or run over something?  I've seen some broken rims but not the tire ripped like that.  Its almost like it was speared from the side with a pipe or something

13 minutes ago, Extender32 said:

Ouch! At least he's not stuck out in BFE like we were.

that’s exactly what I was thinking as I drove to pick him up.  Definitely thinking of you. 

18 minutes ago, TheCMSH said:

Holee curb shot!  was this from some high horsepower play or run over something?  I've seen some broken rims but not the tire ripped like that.  Its almost like it was speared from the side with a pipe or something

I was just out there looking at it. I have ZERO idea how it could’ve happened and I was going to ask opinions. I deal with claims every day and this one is perplexing. 
he saw nothing, on the freeway going to work, 100 mph, nothing at all is touched on his car except the wheel and tire. Major damage to them. he was also in the carpool lane (ok to drive on pre 7am) so no lanes on the side of damage and nothing he could see there. 
What do you think?  I’ve checked under the car by the wheel and zero damage anywhere.  I even drove to pick him up and went the same way, nothing on the freeway. If it did that to his back tire, it should’ve damaged under his car if he ran it over because his car is so low. 
It’s making me crazy, like trying to remember a song but can’t. 

IT MAKES NO SENSE!!!  Aaargghh 

Yeah, that's a total head-scratcher.  Its like something got flung over from the opposing side of the freeway but I sure would think he would've heard it and felt it or seen something bouncing around on the freeway.  Bizarre, just bizarre

I had a weird one on the truck last summer, I had just exited the 101 heading home and I look in the rearview and the guy behind me was trying to flag me down.  He pulled up next to me and rolled down his window (I thought maybe I had pissed him off on the freeway or something) and he told me I had a nail in my rear tire.  Pressure wasn't down but I figure better safe than sorry so I pull over on a side street.  I had a 6" spike stuck straight (horizontal) into the sidewall of the INSIDE of the tire.  Heard nothing, felt nothing.......just explainable.  Convenient thing is I was just a half mile from the Costco where I had purchased the tires a few months previous so I had that going for me.........which was nice

15 hours ago, Extender32 said:

Ouch! At least he's not stuck out in BFE like we were.

HEY! I resemble that remark... and bfe has tow trucks too you know.

And irony of ironies. This is what just greeted me. Straight to Costco we go...

DBE5FD9D-4215-477D-9D54-D78260766488.jpeg

1 hour ago, TheCMSH said:

And irony of ironies. This is what just greeted me. Straight to Costco we go...

DBE5FD9D-4215-477D-9D54-D78260766488.jpeg

That’s funny. How the world did it hit just right to land like that. I guess some things just can’t be explained! 

and SORRY to jinx you! 😂

Just be glad it wasn’t on a rainy day. I was in the HOV lane and hydroplaned hitting the median wall. End up EB in the WB lanes.342D2ABB-93B4-42B6-B987-4B09F4618907.thumb.jpeg.ef4c010f442be9b7c2e63d6c5e34fd07.jpeg

10 hours ago, Desertdawg said:

HEY! I resemble that remark... and bfe has tow trucks too you know.

True, however; it took them quite a while to come and get us.

Sorry for your loss. Glad it only took out the wheel and tire. Had a tire go on My Caliber and it took the rear bumper right off the car!

On 7/13/2020 at 7:55 AM, aenigma said:

I was just out there looking at it. I have ZERO idea how it could’ve happened and I was going to ask opinions. I deal with claims every day and this one is perplexing. 
he saw nothing, on the freeway going to work, 100 mph, nothing at all is touched on his car except the wheel and tire. Major damage to them. he was also in the carpool lane (ok to drive on pre 7am) so no lanes on the side of damage and nothing he could see there. 
What do you think?  I’ve checked under the car by the wheel and zero damage anywhere.  I even drove to pick him up and went the same way, nothing on the freeway. If it did that to his back tire, it should’ve damaged under his car if he ran it over because his car is so low. 
It’s making me crazy, like trying to remember a song but can’t. 

IT MAKES NO SENSE!!!  Aaargghh 

Try this scenario. The outer edge of the front tire hits a rock with enough force to fling it to the median barrier, which bounced it back just as the car traveled far enough for it to fall directly under the outer edge of the rear wheel. Check the edge of the front tire for telltale marks.

He ran over something previously. It finally let go at 100. 

Jim. You need a better drill. You could have screwed that in farther

so it wouldn’t look like your just after left over Lonny sympathy. 

45 minutes ago, Desertdawg said:

He ran over something previously. It finally let go at 100. 

Jim. You need a better drill. You could have screwed that in farther

so it wouldn’t look like your just after left over Lonny sympathy. 

I’m dying. I’m just dying. 😂

That really sucks. I've also been in that boat but not with the Vette. I bet there was one of those road gators. They bit pretty hard and will disappear without a trace. Back into the abyss never to be seen again.

I'm just kidding in case you can't tell from my typing....