Hertz Z06's

roneva

I doubt these cars have been taken care of at all. By renters and Hertz maintenance. 

A couple years ago we rented a new SS Camaro convertible to drive up to Utah for a few days, I couldn’t believe the scratches and dings that were present just about everywhere. Not to mention the curb rash. This car only had 7k miles on it, showed more like 70k miles.

Interesting they removed the front splitters on all of them.

Wonder how much that would cost to replace.

At 60k,I see a reseller buying them and trying to flip them maybe.

59 minutes ago, y2krtaf said:

Interesting they removed the front splitters on all of them.

Wonder how much that would cost to replace.

At 60k,I see a reseller buying them and trying to flip them maybe.

^^^ buyer beware. . .

• Like 1

Several years ago (maybe 2010) a woman in either NC or SC bought an '08 Hertz car with about 50K miles on it. Don't remember what she paid though. She drove it daily for her job and racked up somewhere around 273K miles before she sold it about 2016-17. IIRC she said she only spent around $1000 for repairs and sold it for about $15K to someone in FL.

Do a search on C6 general at corvetteforum.com  for the whole story. So if you buy one to actually drive vs admire in your garage, $60K is still a good deal for what was a $90K car a year ago.

Hertz buys large quantities (500 in '08) identically loaded cars after the end of a model year run. Volume pricing plus higher assembly line speed when they are identical and run in one batch while the rest of the factory is cleaning up and prepping for the next MY, makes for some smoking deals for both GM and Hertz.