LS7 Valve Guide Check

Randy Stone

joe@cpr.com

we do, however i'm not the biggest fan of this test. Lets say you're all good now, how often do you recheck to make sure you're still good. Personally I would just save up and fix them properly (we use wcch heads) it's something i tell customers to just always budget for if purchasing an ls7 car. 

Randy Stone
7 hours ago, joe@cpr.com said:

we do, however i'm not the biggest fan of this test. Lets say you're all good now, how often do you recheck to make sure you're still good. Personally I would just save up and fix them properly (we use wcch heads) it's something i tell customers to just always budget for if purchasing an ls7 car. 

And how much are new heads installed?

How do they compare to the factory heads?

joe@cpr.com
11 hours ago, Randy Stone said:

And how much are new heads installed?

How do they compare to the factory heads?

Fixed heads entail us having west coast cylinder head replace the guides, replace the OEM two piece exhaust valve with a solid stainless, tumble polish the titanium intake, and they port them along with install new BTR dual valve springs. This combo is extremely solid and I have it on our heads/cam packages with zero issues. This same setup is what I have been doing for 8 years and I have never once had a C6Z drop a valve, or come back with bad guides again. 

Depending on mileage of the car and if you do the porting or not as you can simply just get them fixed, it ranges from 3k-4300 if you need to replace the lifters, etc.